• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Cruel Taunts to Defeated Enemies

"I can see yer lips flappin, but I don't hear no sound." - Said to the guy on the wrong side of an airlock.

Everyone's got a player or two that *HAS* to say something when his enemy is defeated. What've you all heard?

RV

Hmm.... I thought taunting defeated enemies was more fitting for CHAMPIONS. I've never ;well hardly ever heard of it done in TRAVELLER......

Champions? What universe are you from bud? We're here to make a quick buck so we can pay off this dang ship, not to save the universe (unless it pays well). No palidin's on this here corsair, no sirrie. ;)

RV

A pirate of my acquaintance had a parrot he trained to sit on his shoulder.

"What shall we do with the prisoners? What shall we do with them?"
squark "Kill 'em now!" squark

For myself I never saw the point of talking to a corpse.

when all my enemies are defeated and dead - i always say - you crewman, clean up all these dead
vargr bodies!! and do it now!!!
:D ;)
:cool: :rolleyes:

"Thanks for doin business with ya"
There are two kinds of defeated foes, dead and dead broke, and the dead have no use for words.
toast.gif

-----------------------------
In the end, Murphy will rule

Well,depends on whose doing the talking now doesn't it (the victors that is).

Towards Vargr (from My time in the Marches", a mercenary of Second Skin INc/ Fulacin): (spits) "Daerrgh!" (fine Vargr epithet for inedible meat/ filth/ excrement).

Towards defeated foes (from Aslan to any other):
"You shoot like women, and your Family line has ended here!"

From Ithklur(viewing the carnage afterwards, remember to laugh as you say this to the players):
"That * was fun * while it * last* ed."

From my TNE campaign #1 (93-96), the Captain PC Sean"Lucky-Dice" Egan's shine off to Guild's men & TEds alike:
"Hasta la Vista, Looooser!"

And a classic from "Bored of the Rings"(Harvard Lampoon press) always struck me funny. "Pity stayed his hand. It was a pity he'd run out of bullets."

And, "Why did you shoot him? He could've told us plenty!"--PCs querying NPC why he caught up with their quarry and blew him away rather than say "Stop or I'll shoot" (RCES rules of engagement #1256)
Irish-Solomani NPC,laconically, "He just wouldn't be told."

Back