• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Cost of masterwork items

Shadowdancer

SOC-14 1K
I can find in the rules what masterwork weapons and masterwork tools do. But how much do they cost?

This question came up during a recent character creation session. In D&D, it's 300 gp over the base price. I ruled a masterwork weapon in T20 cost Cr 1,000 over the base price. Is that fair? Is there an official cost for masterwork items?

I'd probably use a mulitplier rather than a simple addition. Say x5 cost.

Me, I'd do x5 the cost, but put a minimum on it, perhaps CR 500 or so? Then again, CR 100 is pretty cheap for anything in Traveller, at least weaponwise, so maybe it's moot to set a minimum.

Originally posted by Paraquat Johnson:
I can find in the rules what masterwork weapons and masterwork tools do. But how much do they cost?

This question came up during a recent character creation session. In D&D, it's 300 gp over the base price. I ruled a masterwork weapon in T20 cost Cr 1,000 over the base price. Is that fair? Is there an official cost for masterwork items?
Yep, p.92 under the Craft skill, they cost at least twice as much.

Casey

Back