• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Collecting Traveller

Swordy

SOC-12
I keep reading into different threads on this board, but can't seem to catch the level of interest required to write a good post. So, I decided to start a new topic that really trips my trigger
wink.gif

I have been playing Traveller since 1978 and aquired most of the CT stuff in original publication. Four years ago I got back into Traveller and started to acquire the newer versions. Today I am seeking out tidbits that I missed along the way: foreign versions, small press stuff, periodicals.

If you are a collector, at whatever level, perhaps you would like to compare notes on what is available and what are your favorite items. I have concocted a listing of everything I have ever heard of for Traveller. You might want to take a look at my list and see if you can find omissions. Please email if you do! The URL is below.

------------------
What's missing from this list?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Swordy:
What's missing from this list?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The FanPro German language edition of Classic.
The Italian version of Imperium.
The Portuguese version of Imperium.
The German version of Imperium.
(although technically Imperium isn't part of Traveller)
The Sjg GURPS Modular Cutter book (with the title spelled Modukar in the spine).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Whats missing from this list<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GRIP: The Traveller Edition....
wink.gif

Hunter
The GRIP Team

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Avery:
The Sjg GURPS Modular Cutter book (with the title spelled Modukar in the spine).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh. I'm not sure whether it was just the covers, or if there were bound copies made that way. Would be interesting to know if any completed copies were kept. I'll add it along with the other items.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hunter:
GRIP: The Traveller Edition....
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doh! There are several items from the GRiP line that need to be on there. I have the poster, the (somewhat crumpled) signed poster, the boxed set... and I need to get the new boxed set with the reprint book. Anything else from them?

------------------

Doh! There are several items from the GRiP line that need to be on there. I have the poster, the (somewhat crumpled) signed poster, the boxed set... and I need to get the new boxed set with the reprint book. Anything else from them?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got the new boxed set the day before I left the UK - Hunter is a psychic! The new reprint book is wonderful. It's actually numbered FFE000. Now I'm in US time, I need to find a game to play with it...

Doh! There are several items from the GRiP line that need to be on there. [snip] Anything else from them?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have some new original Classic Traveller material in the works, the first of which is a CT Referee's Screen. See the posting in the Bureaucracy Forum for more info.

Hunter
The GRIP Team

... I have the poster, the (somewhat crumpled) signed poster
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did the poster get damaged in transit?

Hunter
The GRIP Team

Did the poster get damaged in transit?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ain't that the way it goes? The unsigned one arrives in perfect condition, but the limited edition, signed poster mailed in a special, protective "tube" gets folded and crushed.

I'd call the posters two different items, even though they are the same poster as printed. Any quibbles with that idea?

------------------

We have some new original Classic Traveller material in the works, the first of which is a CT Referee's Screen. See the posting in the Bureaucracy Forum for more info.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This begs the question: do you guys have a subscription plan? Albeit, the last company I had a subscription/auto-delivery Traveller arrangement with sort of burned me. Still, I hate to miss things. Also, is there any way to "upgrade" the original boxed set by adding FFE000 without buying another box set of GRiP?

------------------

Back