• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Classic Traveller questions!

Hey there everyone. Im buying the Classic
Traveller reprints (rules & supplements). And am interested in some of the other reprints such as the alien modules. I would just like to know from people who bought these products originally what they contain. Ive looked all over the web but have not found an explanation of there purpose.

------------------
========================
That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.

The GDW alien modules contain info on a given race (each supplement highlights a alien...Aslan, Darrian, Vagr, Hiver, Solomani, Droyne, etc.)

The module usually includees detailed alien history, physiology, notes on culture, homeworld data, character generation (usually just the careers that differ from the CT basics), some notes on alien armament, and an adventure featuring that race.

Gats'

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheRaptor:
Hey there everyone. Im buying the Classic
Traveller reprints (rules & supplements). And am interested in some of the other reprints such as the alien modules. I would just like to know from people who bought these products originally what they contain. Ive looked all over the web but have not found an explanation of there purpose.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've the Zhodani and Solomani origs and they're really nice.

The Zhodani I got back in the 80's and it
was very helpful to me (this was back when there was no internet, scarce $$$ on my part
and scarce Trav gamers where I lived) in helping me understand the setting.

It has the history of Zhodane, High Guard
Ship stats, explanations of weapons and
armor.

Last year I got the Solomani Module, it was
on the order sheet when the reprints came out
and I guess I got one of the last ones. It's
setup similar to the Zhodani booklet.

I'm also a GURPS Traveller player and if you're looking for mucho Trav info, you might want to try looking over their products. Their game system is a bit strange
at first, but their Ultra-tech books and
Vehicle/Ship design systems are quite detailed and have tons of ideas for any type
of Space campaign.

------------------
Thanks, Gadrin
Gadrin@Space.Com

[This message has been edited by Gadrin (edited 12 September 2001).]

You can find legible scans of the backs of the Alien Modules (and other modules) at http://home.earthlink.net/~swnadeau1/. Nifty stuff that I didn't buy in the 80's but I'm looking forward to getting this time around.
smile.gif

------------------
Wendell (IMTU tc++ !tm !tn !t4 !tg ru++ ge++ he--)

Back