• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Cannonical References to Alpha Crucis

Golan2072

SOC-14 1K
Admin Award
I'm looking for cannonical references to the Alpha Crucis sector; it seems like this sector is suprisingy undetailed in cannon, compared to its neighbours such as Diaspora and Old Expanses.

So far, I know of the following references:

1) The Solomani Rim subsector maps in S10 - The Solomani Rim give us the names of the four spinward subsectors of the Alpha Crucis sector, which, from the Coreward to the Rimward, are Ximenes, Orichalc, Denebola and Zusudra.

2) Solomani & Aslan gives us two short (two paragraphs each) Solomani Confederacy subpolities set in the Alpha Crucis sector (p.9). It also gives us the star locations (and nothing more) for this sector (p.11).

3) The maps in Hard Times and Survival Margin show the rough course of the Rebellion/Second Civil War in this sector up to 1125.

4) Atlas of the Imperium gives us a sector-map of Alpha Crucis, which doesn't provide full UWPs (or even subsector names), but does provide us with world locations (including hex numbers), Starports, aligance, the presence or absence of water (or the presence of an asteroid mainworld), and the presence of bases.

5) 1248: Out of the Darkness refers to the Alpha Crucis sector a few times. This sector was part of the Hiver intervention (by means of "tame" Vampires) against the Second Rule of Man (SRoM) in the 1160's; The SRoM has sent exploration fleets into this sector in 1206 (p.54); the Hivers organize a rag-tag alliance of local powers in Alpha Crucis to counter the SRoM (p.54); the Terran Commonwealth clashes with the SRoM in Alpha Crucis in 1230 (p.71); the SRoM defeats the Hiver-baked pocket-empires of Apha Crucis in 1234 (p.71).

Although I believe it has been de-canonized, the Judges Guild had a sector booklet for Alpha Crucis as well. I'm sure I have it here around the appartment somewhere, along with Ley Sector, Glimmerdrift Reaches and Marantha-Alkahest.

I have the Marantha-Alkahest Sector Guidebook by Judges Guild in front of me now, and it appears to be what is now known as Gateway!
But the maps are completely out.
There is even a "Navigational Hazard" (read Black Hole) in the middle of Subsector A.

Does this mean that this is now completely replaced with the current Gateway Sector?

Have the Judges Guild published sectors "Maranantha-Alkahest, Glimmerdrift Reaches, Crusis Margin and Ley" been superceeded?
Can anyone tell me whether this is true?

Originally posted by Turkina:
Glimmerdrift Reaches, Crusis Margin and Ley" been superceeded?
Can anyone tell me whether this is true?
Yes by the T20 Gateway book by QLI. There's few stats in the book so you can use it with any Traveller ruleset.

Mike

Two were superseded by Atlas of the Imperium.
The others later by T20.

Is the Sunbane data "canon" for the sector? Does it use the system positions from S&A?

Thanks

Mike

Back