• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Best references for south of Solomani space?

Ran Targas

SOC-14 1K
Peer of the Realm
Y'all,

Thinking of building a new campaign located on the rimward side of Solomani space.

Being a CT'er, I'm not sure what if any canon is already established or is this almost virgin territory ripe for development?

Appreciate any input too!

Originally posted by Ran Targas:
Y'all,

Thinking of building a new campaign located on the rimward side of Solomani space.

Being a CT'er, I'm not sure what if any canon is already established or is this almost virgin territory ripe for development?
There is a map in Solomani & Aslan that shows the outline of some pocket empires and give their names, but that's about it.

However, Jon Zeigler is working on a GT sourcebook for the Aldebaran sector (just rimwards of the Solomani Rim sector) and I would be much surprised if it didn't include quite a bit of information about the Solly Confederation's rimward neighbors.

I have no idea about the current state of the project.

Hans

It's currently on hold, last I heard. There's some hope that it will resume, but for now, it's been pulled back.

Hope this helps,
Flynn

Hey guys, thanks for the info, looks like I'm free to let my imagination get the best of me.

Anyone see any homegrown stuff that might deserve looking at or homage?

Originally posted by Ran Targas:
Hey guys, thanks for the info, looks like I'm free to let my imagination get the best of me.

Anyone see any homegrown stuff that might deserve looking at or homage?
I'm not sure how much of it's home grown but you may want to contact "Antony" the Coti member who posted "parts for an AHL" down on the TNE pages.
His campaign is set in Banners Sector which if I've read the maps right is about 2 sectors rimward of Sol and about 2 or 3 spinward. There's a link to his homepage on his Coti Profile I think, so since he runs a campaign down that way I'd suspect he'd know (or has made up) a bit about the area.

I'm disappointed :( First the Trojan Reaches GT book was canned and now this is delayed. I really enjoyed Rim of Fire and was looking forward to Jon's book. I hope another sector can be done soon.

Mike

Back