• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Backdating

Solo

SOC-12
Ok, I'm slow and I need help.

I'm thinking of running a game prior to 1000. The Last Hurrah and the report of a Interstellar Wars game over at SJG has inspired me to mull over running a game in a period long before the Third Imperium.

My Question: Is there an established method for "backdating" published sectors and subsectors. i.e., lowering the tech of worlds (improving the tech of some?). I know there is a version of this in TNE but that assumes the destruction delt by Virus.

p.s. My group wants to run a "Mercenary" campaign. Out of all the types of Traveller games I've run in 20 years I've never done a Merc. Any help on that would be appreciated also.

Thanks for the help!

-S.
:cool:

Originally posted by Solo:
I'm thinking of running a game prior to 1000. The Last Hurrah and the report of a Interstellar Wars game over at SJG has inspired me to mull over running a game in a period long before the Third Imperium.

My Question: Is there an established method for "backdating" published sectors and subsectors. i.e., lowering the tech of worlds (improving the tech of some?).
I'm afraid not. You'll have to do it by guess and by what feels right.

How long before the Third Imperium and where? If you have a subscription to JTAS Online you can find a writeup of the Sacnoth Dominate in the archives, complete with UWPs for the Sword World subsector in -104.

Hans

Back