• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Argentine Navy

BMonnery

SOC-13
Hi,

I've been thinking about the Argentine Navy recently. I know it's slightly smaller than the (undefined) Brazilian Navy, and if it's to deter the Brits, it needs 2/3rd of the fleet of the Brits.

Home Fleet (Argentina, Earth)
CR-25 de Mayo: Fleet Admiral Perez
CR-Santisima Trinidad:
CT-Buenos Aires:
CT-General San Martin:
DD-Argentina:
DD-Gomez Roca:
FF-Espora:Captain Roesch
FF-Rosales:Captain Vasquez
FF-Piedrabuena:Captain Heridia
FF-Reichmen:
FF-Rommel:

Tirane Fleet (Santa Maria, Tirane)
CR-General Belgrano: Commodore Ruckauf
DD-Santa Cruz:
DD-Heroina:Captain Menem
FF-Parker: Captain Formosa
FF-Drumond:Captain Fuega
FF-Guerrico: Captain Goldmen

Montana Fleet
CR-Almirante Brown: Admiral Asperante
CV-Independencia: Commodore Askins
CT-General Garibaldi:
DD-Antartica: Captain Calderone
DD-9 de Julio: Captain Telfuente
FF-Robinson: Captain Elsturte

DM -26 12026 Fleet
CV-Libertad: Sub Admiral Quantez
DD-San Juan: Captain Gomez
DD-Hipolito Bouchard
FF-Granville: Captain Alverez
FF-Casa de Malvena: Captain Welmunt

OQC COMMAND
DD-Somellera: Captain Quandras
FF-Spiro: Commander Heckle
FF-Henrico: Commander Desatues

This is based on a modified form of Mat Scull's uncompleted work. The CR, CT and CV are the same hull with different fits. The CT are troop carrying assault cruisers, while the CV are fighter carrying cruisers.

Thoughts?

Bryn

In my universe, the Argentines don't really care about the British, having reclaimed the Malvinas early in C21.

Their main concern is protecting their off-Earth settlements in the Chinese Arm, mainly from the Chinese. Argentina, Brazil, Texas, and Azania have formed a sort of gentleman's club. It's not really an alliance, because they don't support each other's activities or allow cross-basing (except in an emergency) but if one is attacked, the others will act against the aggressor.

I've not really detailed their forces. None of my playing groups has ever really been interested in travelling the Chinese Arm.

Simon Jester
file_23.gif

Originally posted by Simon Jester:
In my universe, the Argentines don't really care about the British, having reclaimed the Malvinas early in C21.

Their main concern is protecting their off-Earth settlements in the Chinese Arm, mainly from the Chinese. Argentina, Brazil, Texas, and Azania have formed a sort of gentleman's club. It's not really an alliance, because they don't support each other's activities or allow cross-basing (except in an emergency) but if one is attacked, the others will act against the aggressor.

I've not really detailed their forces. None of my playing groups has ever really been interested in travelling the Chinese Arm.

Simon Jester
file_23.gif
What of the Rio Plata Wars? They occur IYC?

Bryn

Originally posted by BMonnery:
What of the Rio Plata Wars? They occur IYC?

Bryn
Yes, they do, but it's dealt with more along the lines of the way the US and Vietnam are dealing with each other now. They fought a pretty vicious war, but it was almost a generation ago, and it doesn't really hold much immediate power in current politics. People on both sides can get kind of prickly about the subject, but most people realize it's something that happened in the past, and "we've got to deal with today."

Essentially, the two countries pretty much ignore each other, but they don't go out of their way to do so, and they will work together when the circumstances warrant (they just won't like it much, kind of like having to work with France in RL :D ).

Simon Jester
file_23.gif

Back