• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Any full-sector PDF maps of Rim sectors?

Maladominus

SOC-14 1K
I saw several of Shane McLean's amazing PDF maps on the fLibrary. Sadly, his maps were only limited to the Gateway domain area (Ley sector, Gateway sector, etc). THOSE full-sector maps are simply incredible.... I dare say they are professional-quality work.

I'm referring to these Shane McLean maps:
http://www.travellerrpg.com/cgi-bin/catalog/pview.pl?action=view&stocknum=elib0008&h=header_ct&s=

However... I lean towards playing in the Solomani Rim area for my current campaign.

Does anyone have any full-sector (legible) maps of the rimward sectors? Solomani Rim, or Magyar, or even Diaspora would be appreciated.

I know there are online atlases, but those force me to stare at the data one subsector at a time. I would much rather have a single map so that the players in my campaign can reference a single PDF that looks 'clean' and stitched together in a quality way.

Shane McLean.... where are you???!!!! :confused:

Galactic 2.4 has several of these sectors included. If you happen to have Profantasy's CC2Pro and Cosmographer, then there is an excellent script here called gal2cc which will take the gal sec files and create Traveller Sec and subsec pictures in Cosmographer for a really classy, professional output. Though I am not sure how official the sec files are in Galactic, there is Maygar, Disapora, Solomani Rim, Old Expanses and a few others.

Thanks for the suggestions all.

Fritz, I am aware of that site's maps. However, the presentation of their sector maps is not to my liking and is confusing to read because the trade route lines obscure all other info. It did get two things right in my opinion: it gave full-sector maps, and provides it in convenient PDF format.

I'm willing to try one of the other programs that would draw a sector map of the Rim, Diaspora, etc. I'm willing to do the input/output work myself, since I own a copy of the Solomani Rim LBB (which has a very official 'canon' map and it has UWPs for every single planet).

As for CC2Pro.... that sounds like expensive pro-quality 3D software, which I'm sure I cannot afford. The others I'm willing to try so long as they are freeware.

Maladominus,

Here's the application that I use to generate PDF maps for my games, and for Stellar Reaches as well:
http://dotclue.org/t20/

Please check it out and see if it meets your needs. It's easy to install and it's free.

Enjoy,
Flynn

BTW, if you just want one map, send me a PM and I'll make you one this weekend, if you can provide me with a *.sec file to work from.

Originally posted by Fritz88:
Maladominus, have you found: Map of Traveller Charted Space? You click on a sector, and you will have the option of getting a PDF map of the entire sector. Pretty colors, too. (On the PDF, that is.) Found this a while back, and downloaded every sector they had. :D
All the maps are coming up 404: File Not Found.

Very frustrating.

Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
By the way, Maladominus have you seen these two online maps?

http://www.utzig.com/traveller/iai.shtml

http://inexorabletash.members.winisp.net/maps/map.htm
Yup, I've seen those two. The first one is actually good for printing separate subsector maps. Anyone who has Adobe Acrobat (full-version) can easily print these as single-page subsector PDFs. Very nice....

The second one is nice because it is based on the same "look and feel" map of the Imperium, which was literally the FIRST canon map ever printer in the Traveller universe, the map first appeared in the early supplements called "Library Data A-M" if I recall correctly, which was one of the first Little Black Book supplements I ever bought back in early 1980s.

I still plan to buy that same poster from SEEKER....

Still, my holy grail is to see a full-sector colorful map PDF of the Solomani Rim or neighboring sectors (Magyar, Diaspora), just like Shane McLean did for his Gateway region.

Originally posted by Thareen:

Very frustrating.
Sorry. Server crash a while ago, and the backups I loaded are slightly screwed up, and I haven't had the time to fix it. If you go here you can just read through the directory and find the files that way.,

Originally posted by Anthony:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Thareen:

Very frustrating.
Sorry. Server crash a while ago, and the backups I loaded are slightly screwed up, and I haven't had the time to fix it. If you go here you can just read through the directory and find the files that way., </font>[/QUOTE]Ooh, thanks Anthony! These are really, really cool. Worth taking to Kinkos to get really nice printouts done.

You are bookmarked.

These maps are a wonder and I've enjoyed them very much.

Sadly, I've misplaced the color key for them. Each trade linked is a specific color which corresponds to a WTN range from GT:FT.

Does anyone have that key? Or can anyone point me the direction of finding it?

Have fun,
Bill

Back