• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

A review, sort of...

:rolleyes: You're a better man than I am Hunter. I thought it bordered on defamatory, but if its humor that was attempted it missed my funny bone.

Originally posted by far-trader:
:rolleyes: You're a better man than I am Hunter. I thought it bordered on defamatory, but if its humor that was attempted it missed my funny bone.
I honestly got a chuckle out of it which is why I posted it. I don't think the fellow meant any real harm and was just having a bit of fun.

I know the guy on the cover is actually the artist David Mattingly, but damn if it doesn't look a good bit like Randy Quaid too!

Me, I still think the cover rocks but I know not everyone agrees.

Hunter

I laughed, and I don't think its meant to be anything other than a bit of silly fun.

The Wolf Who Wears A Cape with the neck funnel... I almost choked on my soda...

Vrylakos

Wolf? WOLF?! He's a VARGR not a wolf. Silly reviewer....

Actually, my only complaint with the T20 cover is that the Vargr doesn't look enough like the one on the Vargr module from CT.

The reviewer must be crazy! The human on the cover looks nothing like Randy Quaid. In fact, it's dead ringer for Harry Dean Stanton (the chain smoker guy in Alien who bites it first...)

What other comments can be made from pictures in Traveller works: for example the Traveller Adventure front cover or that strange Shore Liaison space man dude in the Kininur?

Originally posted by lightsenshi:
"Give us all your celery."

- Motto of the Treecat Liberation Army.
Not to change the topic but shouldn't that be "All your celery are belong to us"?
:D

Hunter

Detect Squirrels +6, and Favored Enemy: Ratty Tennis Ball.
L M A O ! ! ! ! !

Should have added:
Wolves Who Wear Capes may earn this disadvantage
> stops to lick self in innoportune times...

and gain this Special Ability
> detect motive by sniffing target's crotch.....

Traveller T20 features numerous new skills and feats. The options offered for Wolves Who Wear Capes are particularly innovative. One feat allows you to Wear A Cape Without Looking Gay (I don't think the Wolf featured on the cover actually took this feat). Another feat allows Wolves Who Wear Capes a special canine-sense which aids them in operating matter-transferrence "transporter" equipment, called "Beam me up, Spotty."
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

At least I thought it was funny!

Seriously, what's with da Ray Guns on the cover. Isn't Traveller supposed to downplay this???

Originally posted by hunter:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by lightsenshi:
"Give us all your celery."

- Motto of the Treecat Liberation Army.
Not to change the topic but shouldn't that be "All your celery are belong to us"?
:D

Hunter
</font>[/QUOTE]*does some Treecat sign* Okay.

This review is obviously one of two things , either a comical anecdote by some who has just skimmed through the book or a very sarcastic comment about a system that he doesn't really know anything about :mad: . Despite some of the errata in the book , a fair summation of the system would be best to give someone an outline of the system . Overall , I don't think the review (though quite funny), was very constructive , but hey
that's what critics do!

Originally posted by Ross:
This review is obviously one of two things , either a comical anecdote by some who has just skimmed through the book or a very sarcastic comment about a system that he doesn't really know anything about :mad:
I read it as a parody of the kind of superficial, "I'll read three pages and pass judment on this game." kind of review that comes up rather too frequently on arpignet. <shrug>

Originally posted by DaveShayne:
I read it as a parody of the kind of superficial, "I'll read three pages and pass judment on this game." kind of review that comes up rather too frequently on arpignet. <shrug>
Actually, it's based only on the front and back cover of the THB

You can't get more superficial reviews than that, barring ones solely based on the title :D

I know the guy on the cover is actually the artist David Mattingly, but damn if it doesn't look a good bit like Randy Quaid too!
Everyone I showed it to - even the guy in the store I bought it from - looked at the cover, laughed and said, "Who's that guy next to the dog, the artist?"

Back