• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

1248 Book Update

MJD

SOC-14 1K
Baronet
I'm about 15,000 words in right now.

The history of all the major factions up to 1200 will be written by the end of this week.

Excellent News, MJD. If you keep at this rate we loosen the neck collar but the shackles must remain. Remember, save, and save again. <whip, whip>

BTW, what is your take on the period known as Hard Times?

How do you mean?

I'm working through the Hard times right now, for all the various factions and powers over the borders.

Excellent news, sir. I eagerly await further dispatches. (Not sure why this TNE/1248 bug has bitten me so hard of late, but it has - I just ordered the last three items on the TNE product list so now it's the only version I'll have all the items from... Now I suppose I have to start collecting the Challenge articles...) :D

Thanks for the update, MJD.

William

As I fill in the blanks on the timeline I'm discovering some intersting things. Like what became of Craig and Margaret...

WOW! 6000 words a day! At that rate, the book will be done at the end of the month!
file_23.gif

Originally posted by MJD:
As I fill in the blanks on the timeline I'm discovering some intersting things. Like what became of Craig and Margaret...
Argh. This wait is worse than for christmas morning when I was ten!
file_21.gif

William

MJD's project diary:

Hmmm.... Deadline....

...Must come up with most scandalous possible outcome....

...Time is short.....

.... Need inspiration....

...Ah, I have a copy of the Imperial Inquirer: Inquiring No-Minds Want To Know! on the coffee table... perhaps it will provide inspiration....

Eureka!

Margaret can be abducted by Aliens and Craig can have Elvis lovechild....

All done, and in under the deadline!

Now all I have to do is get into 'Witness Protection' before the Rabid Legion of Enraged Fanboys comes to get me....

Anyone know how big a novel is these days? It used to be 60k words before a publisher would look at it, and they'd rather see 80-100k. Is that still the score?

Excellent news.

Keep up the hard work. I am waiting to hear what is your take Hard Times? Does it mean that I will be getting a PDF by Christmas?

MJD, fantastic news about my Christmas present...

But, I am still waiting to hear your take on the Hard Times milieu...is more of the same going to be the hallmark of TNE Mk II or are we in for more of TNE Mk I?

Also, what is the scope of the Milieu, where is the action centred or does it encompass the whole of Chartered Space?

Or are these things you are finding out as you write and I just need to shut up.

Originally posted by kafka47:
But, I am still waiting to hear your take on the Hard Times milieu...is more of the same going to be the hallmark of TNE Mk II or are we in for more of TNE Mk I?
I'm not sure why MJD would be writing about Hard Times - that's all done and dusted from the MT era isn't it? He's not changing that too, is he?

Back