• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Type-P 1000 Ton Passenger Ship

Actually, my version of a speeder is a shiny little mini-limo...

Glad you found inspiration in here!
My take on this is to splice an Air/Raft into the middle of a Speeder, and enclose the passenger compartment with a 4Td Modular Base (and combine all the costs and capacities --- it's 6Td and has room for driver, 5 passengers, and 4000kg payload.) Did up the numbers once but don't recall where. Either that or re-skin a GCarrier as something with less armor but more power.

Flykiller took their deckplans out.
So I should redesign this tio.
Everyone's deck plans vanished if they were linked from the image subform when the site changed from vbulletin to xenforo a few years back.

Mongoose Traveller 2e version:
1000 ton Frontier Liner, TL 11
Streamlined hull, 500 MCr, with 2 points crystaliron armor, 12.5 tons, 3 MCr
Jump Drive 2, 55 tons, 27.5 MCr, 200 power
Maneuver drive thrust 2, 20 tons, 30 mcr, 200 power
Power plant Fusion 8, 66 tons, 660 power
Fuel scoops and processor, 5 tons, 1.25 mcr, 5 power
Bridge, 20 tons, 5 mcr
Computer/15, mcr 2, with civilian sensors, dm -1, lidar, radar, 1 ton, mcr 3
Programs: Manuever, Intellect, Jump control 2, Bandwidth 10 0.2 mcr, Evade/1, bandwidth 2, mcr 1, Fire control, bandwidth 5, 2 mcr
10 high staterooms, 60 tons, 8 mcr
100 staterooms, 400 tons, 50 mcr (9 for the crew)
30 common spaces, 3 mcr
Library, 4 tons, 4 mcr
Medbay 4 tons, 2 mcr, 1 power
30 low berths, 15 tons, 1.5 mcr
6 double turrets, 6 tons, 3 mcr
Typical loadout: 6 beam lasers, 3 mcr, 6 sandcasters, 1.5 mcr
2 air rafts, 8 tons, 0.5 mcr
0.5 tons sandcaster canister storage
85 tons cargo

The Bright Wander class frontier liner is one of a number of rugged liner types that ply the frontiers of the Imperium. This class is fairly common in the Spinward Marches and the Trojan Reach. In the Reach, several of these ply the trade routs between the Imperium and the clans of the Aslan Heirate.

10 high staterooms, 60 tons, 8 mcr
100 staterooms, 400 tons, 50 mcr (9 for the crew)
30 common spaces, 3 mcr
30 low berths, 15 tons, 1.5 mcr
2 air rafts, 8 tons, 0.5 mcr
85 tons cargo

The Bright Wander class frontier liner is one of a number of rugged liner types that ply the frontiers of the Imperium.
Why such a large passenger capacity but so little cargo capacity?
I'm trying to think of conditions under which 10 high passengers, 91 middle passengers and 30 low passengers is a reasonable expectation for interstellar transport services.

That level of passenger capacity makes sense when looking at Hi Pop <-> Hi Pop if you're wanting to do a complete manifest turnover at every (star)port of call ... but you aren't going to be able to get away with that level of service demand from Non-industrial (and Low Pop) worlds ... unless if you've got a trade route that travels to a Known List™ of destinations.

If you've got a defined trade route (as opposed to operating on a tramp basis), you can sell tickets to any of your future destinations every time you berth at a starport. So instead of having an Origin 1 -> Destination 1 type of operation, you've got something more like Origin 1 -> Destinations 1-11 going on (like an interstellar public train service deal). In THAT kind of operation, I can imagine being able to keep your passenger manifest "full" on a continuous rolling basis (hope your Purser enjoys bookkeeping!), even if touring through relatively under populated regions between major population hub(s).

One thing that does feel ... risky ... looking at the design, is that I'm worried about the vulnerability to hijacking. :oops:
With up to 10+91=101 passengers (high+middle) versus 9 crew ... I would be concerned about the crew's ability to resist a hijacking attempt by even a "modest" number of passengers (10-20). Have you considered adding a complement of Ship's Troops who can act as onboard security in case passengers get ... unruly? :rolleyes:

After all, if this ship is meant to ply the frontiers as you've specified, not everyone who comes aboard is necessarily going to be "well behaved" at all times (ah reckon...). 🤔

Nice starship ya got there.
Be a shame if anything happened to it ... :cool:🚬

There are 15 crew, 6 of them gunners. Most of them double bunk.
The gunners can be trained as security too.
15 crew: 1 captain/pilot, 1 astrogator, 2 engineers, 4 stewards, 6 gunners/security.

Back