Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old November 15th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 28
Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen
In my quest to find the darker side of Traveller and finding satsifaction in Signal GK fanzine. I have now come across this, which might inspire some in 1248 sourcebook or at least, ways we can darken Traveller...

Ex Machina (by Guardians of Order)for a full review one might one check it here

As it seems we are still berift of a believable Darker Cyberpunkish Traveller. Not that Traveller needs to go all dark but it wouldn't hurt to have a sector or two in the OTU or at least, a grimer, gritter, grimy Milieu.

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/
Old November 15th, 2004, 11:29 PM
Malenfant

Gallery :
Apparently there's a d20 version of Ex Machina on the way, which would make it more compatible with T20...
Old November 16th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
clementk Citizen
Well Tri-Stat maps about 1:1 to CT/MT* etc. and there's already a BESM d20 SRD out there for free which maps BESM (Tri-Stat) to d20 albeit turning d20 into a point based toolkit in the process. Tri-stst's fairly lite and descriptive anywho.

Anywho linkage:

Tri-stat dX / Ex Machina page
Tri-stat dX rules (free but DRM protected)
Ex Machina preview pdf (direct link)
Ex Machina character sheet
Anime d20 & Mecha d20 SRDs - rtf format; there are pdf versions out there

I liked David Pulver's Centauri Knights for BESM and now also for BESM d20, which was something of a dry run for THS, so may pick up Ex Machina eventually. Has some good writers as well.

* thereā€™s a conversion article on JTAS see this for a sample view

Casey
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:59 AM
Count

Gallery : 5
Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout Awesome
Quote:
Not that Traveller needs to go all dark but it wouldn't hurt to have a sector or two in the OTU or at least, a grimer, gritter, grimy Milieu.
I second that. We need a good Baron Harkonnen / Darth Vader / Hitler style villain in the OTU as well. All the baddies are faceless groups. And most of the moralities are grey. There is nothing in the OTU that just screams evil - except maybe Virus, but then, that's faceless, too.

Just my .02Cr

Scout