Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Fleet

The Fleet Ship designs, strategies, and tactics.

Old November 13th, 2002, 12:30 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
manley_t Citizen
Anyone created any spreadsheets for T20 yet?

I've been playing around with making one for creating vehicles, either that or just create an Access DB for it -- not sure which yet. But, having limited time to 'play' (3 kids, youngest is a toddler) I'm not sure when I'll be able to actually create something useful.

So, has anyone started working on a project like this? If so, let's pool resources and post our alpha/beta efforts and get feedback from our fellow gear-heads
Big Tim<br />-------<br />\"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.\"<br /><br />\"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.\"
Old November 18th, 2002, 04:08 PM

Nearside Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Nearside
I started working on a speculative trading spreadsheet, but I've not got further than coding a 3d6 and d100 number generator. I'm not as hot at Excel as I once was, and it looks like a tough job.

Anyone out there interested in helping?
Old December 29th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Citizen: SOC-7

Veilheim Citizen
Well, I'm not bad with Excel... Did a couple of nightmarish programs with it. I'd be into helping you out with it.
Old December 29th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Citizen: SOC-7

Veilheim Citizen
Well, I'm not bad with Excel... Did a couple of nightmarish programs with it. I'd be into helping you out with it.

Oh, contact me at veilheim@yahoo.com
Old December 30th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Citizen: SOC-2

tete Citizen
Send a message via AIM to tete
please not access... excel docs i can open in open office but i know of no legaly free access program.
due to a player in my group i hope to write a rudimentary character generator in java or C++ & SDL before the end of january. due to the licencing agreement on t20 i cant open source it im pretty sure
Old December 31st, 2002, 01:06 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Falkayn Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by tete:
please not access... excel docs i can open in open office but i know of no legaly free access program.
Well ... a M$ developer can give you the MS Access runtime for free - but then that might not work very well if the person making the DB doesn't understand the limitations of the Access runtime.

I have an MS Excel based T20 Starship Design spreadsheet. I'm still playing with it (I'm looking for a nice way to do multiple weapon turrets), but it handles 95% of what you can do in the design rules.
Falkayn<br /><b><a href=\"http://www.Falkayn.com\" target=\"_blank\">Falkayn.com</a></b><br /><b><a href=\"http://www.cafepress.com/falkayn\" target=\"_blank\">Falkayn\'s Store</a></b><br />(Traveller inspired T-shirts!)
Old January 2nd, 2003, 01:49 PM
Citizen: SOC-8

Beholder Citizen
... And it works very well.

Beholder
http://www.rpgzone.org
Old January 7th, 2003, 10:41 AM

manley_t Citizen
I'll second that --- it works quite well!
Big Tim<br />-------<br />\"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.\"<br /><br />\"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.\"
Old January 26th, 2003, 07:26 AM

Falkayn Citizen
My Traveller Downloads page has a link to my T20 Starship Design spreadsheet v1.2. The mixed-weapon turrets are not quite implemented yet, but it works very well otherwise. Comments welcome!
Falkayn<br /><b><a href=\"http://www.Falkayn.com\" target=\"_blank\">Falkayn.com</a></b><br /><b><a href=\"http://www.cafepress.com/falkayn\" target=\"_blank\">Falkayn\'s Store</a></b><br />(Traveller inspired T-shirts!)
Old January 26th, 2003, 07:30 PM

sandman Citizen
Send a message via ICQ to sandman Send a message via AIM to sandman
Quote:
Originally posted by Falkayn:
My Traveller Downloads page has a link to my T20 Starship Design spreadsheet v1.2. The mixed-weapon turrets are not quite implemented yet, but it works very well otherwise. Comments welcome!
Hello Falkayn.

Your XLS sheet looks VERY good and promising [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just a question about your xls tool:

Ship Store. (at the end of the Master Sheet, between Cargo and Total...) didn't find any reference for this in the T20 book (then again, I might be blind) I gather that it's for storing food and the like for everyone on board, but the COST seems a tad high

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> Person/week Cost
worth of Stores

1 High Pass./Officer 900 MCr
1 Mid. Pass./Crew 675 MCr
1 Low Pass. 45 MCr</pre>[/QUOTE]Isn't 900 MegaCredits for 1 week worth of consumable rather steep for a High Passage? Or did I miss something? (dunno, maybe I'm REALLY mixed up)