Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 26th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Alfred comms Gayne Maize, notifying him that Kalos has scheduled cargo transfers at 1130 and 1200, and inquiring whether Gayne will be available to provide security.

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old August 26th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Citizen: SOC-7

Gallery : 0
ChaosBennett Citizen

"Sure, why not? It's been taking me forever to find the ranges, anyway. Everyone I try asking for directions keeps running away from me for some reason..."
Old August 26th, 2013, 11:15 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBennett View Post
"Sure, why not? It's been taking me forever to find the ranges, anyway. Everyone I try asking for directions keeps running away from me for some reason..."

Maybe Gayne should make some comms to various gun shops in town, ask if they know about ranges that will let a visitor practice. Let drop he is a qualified Army Commando Master Sniper and they'd probably be eager to have him come out and shoot, if some of their members could watch, just to "ooh" and "ahh" and look at his gun. They could probably get some permit to smooth over the fact that his primary weapon is illegal for carrying in public on this planet (Law Level 4).

Did you think about my suggestion for maybe a SnubMG or auto-shotgun for use on shipboard, as a little less likely to severely damage the ship while defending it? Would again need permits to buy those on Devonia, but some of the other systems around here aren't so particular who buys what.

[OOC: Have you made any drawings of Gayne yet? I have been working on our Wiki for this campaign, mostly for maps and Library Data but will also have character pages where images can go (if we can get one of our scanners working ). M might like a drawing for Kalos, and I'd be happy if you did any for the NPCs.]

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 26th, 2013 at 11:33 PM..
Old August 26th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
The folks at that address are a middle-aged couple, and appear quite shocked to see a Launch landing in their residential street.

'Is... Is there that much of it? I thought they said half a ton? I don't know where we can put all that? Do you have anybody to help unload?"
Doc helps them unload their order, watches to make sure that he does not end up with any stowaways thinking they might get a thrill ride.
He double checks the Boat before taking off.
Quote:

[OOC: I have no idea what this last bit is about, as Donoma hasn't even told the Captain and Kalos about the potential deal at the mining complex, much less made any arrangement for visiting out there.]
OOC: Ok, I the player may have misunderstood what was where. I just responded to my name being mentioned.
Old August 26th, 2013, 11:29 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
Doc helps them unload their order,
The container isn't really that heavy for all its bulk, but let's say you had one of the grav lifters along to help out.

They both seem quite grief-stricken, and Doc is familiar enough w military shipments to realize this is a container from the department that deals with families of soldiers killed on active duty. This shipment actually has come here all the way from the Imperial Realm, so Doc can read the codes on it.

The man is trying to be stoic, but the woman finally sniffles to Doc, "They told us there wasn't any of our daughter to ship back for burial, but that they were sending back her things to us as next-of-kin. What do you think we should do with all of this?" Indicating the large half-ton freight container, 1.5m wide, 1.5m tall, 3m long. "What should we do?"

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 26th, 2013, 11:37 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default Donoma

Quote:
He is just sitting back to enjoy a couple of Max's cookies with a cold cup of Klim when he gets Alfred's page that the Captain and Donoma are looking for him. He promptly comms the Captain to let him know where he is and ask where they want to meet.
[OOC: I presume Kalos was introduced on the tour. I will act on that presumption.]

Donoma and the captain enter the crew commons. Donoma sits down at the table with Kalos. "I was just telling the captain about a friend of mine with a difficulty - she needs to move a bunch of metal offworld. I don't know exactly how much - when I spoke to her a few days ago, she said they were already well over their contract quota for their normal carrier. She mentioned they had 5dTons more than their quota already in regular storage, and they were storing other stuff in side-shafts in the mine and such. It's lanthanum, along with some other metals. She also said the price of metals had gone up recently, so they wanted to take advantage of that and not have it all sit around waiting on their contract carrier. Here is the mine boss' number." Donoma slides the card across the table to Kalos.

(They will discuss particulars as necessary related to the metals, then...)

"What else are you considering for pick-up here? I have had a couple of ideas come to me since I went dirtside here a few months ago."
Old August 26th, 2013, 11:51 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
Donoma and the captain enter the crew commons. Donoma sits down at the table with Kalos. "I was just telling the captain about a friend of mine with a difficulty - she needs to move a bunch of metal offworld. I don't know exactly how much - when I spoke to her a few days ago, she said they were already well over their contract quota for their normal carrier. She mentioned they had 5dTons more than their quota already in regular storage, and they were storing other stuff in side-shafts in the mine and such. It's lanthanum, along with some other metals. She also said the price of metals had gone up recently, so they wanted to take advantage of that and not have it all sit around waiting on their contract carrier. Here is the mine boss' number." Donoma slides the card across the table to Kalos.
Benjamin is in the commons getting a snack, and turns and whistles as he overhears the mention of lanthanum. "Lanthanum! Wow that is some pretty rich cargo! What does it go for, Kalos, about five million credits a ton? Are they wanting to sell this to us, or ship it as freight? Captain, I hope you can refit our turret guns and stock up some missiles if we are carrying a load like that; why, I remember one time Dad had a load and, well... Um, nevermind that, but it makes us a target just to carry it."

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 27th, 2013, 06:31 AM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default Donoma

"I would think they want to move the metal to their market. Though I wouldn't want to flood that market - it might make all my future deliveries worth less if there's a whole bunch of it out there. But, I think the mine boss was working all that out."

She pauses for a moment and gets a look of concern, "Did you say 'refit our turrets'? Are those turrets not operational?"
Old August 27th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Quote:

The man is trying to be stoic, but the woman finally sniffles to Doc, "They told us there wasn't any of our daughter to ship back for burial, but that they were sending back her things to us as next-of-kin. What do you think we should do with all of this?" Indicating the large half-ton freight container, 1.5m wide, 1.5m tall, 3m long. "What should we do?"
'I really can't say. If you do not want the container, I can take it back, or you could sell it.'

'As for your daughter's items, I would strongly recommend that you take your time and look through them and think of her. For some reason, your daughter collected or thought each of her items was important to her. Either because she desired it, required it for work or it was a part of her life.'

'As you go through it, it might be a bit tough on you, but it will allow you to remember her and in some way through her items, be able to say goodbye to her.'

'I will give you all a few minutes to think it over on what you want to do with the container, before I have to leave.'

With that Doc goes back to the Ship's Boat and waits to one side in the shade where he can watch the couple or if the shade is not on that side, then just inside the boat.
Old August 27th, 2013, 08:34 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
Default Launch Wild's Ride, Devonia City (shiptime 1000, 3731-08-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
With that Doc goes back to the Ship's Boat and waits to one side in the shade where he can watch the couple or if the shade is not on that side, then just inside the boat.
The couple sit and confer under a shade tree for several minutes, then the man comes out to Doc. "Thank you for your advice, sir. I think we will just let the container sit there until we feel up to opening it. Seems pretty well sealed. Thank you for bringing it out to us." He pulls out five Cr20 bills for the agreed delivery fee, hands them to Doc, then shuffles back to the house with his wife.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 27th, 2013 at 05:15 PM..
Closed Thread