Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:58 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default Fortunate Son, Devonia City Starport (shiptime 0340, 3731-08-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
Donoma waves to Officer Shrake as they drive away.

Donoma parks her bike off to the port side of the raised nose, about 10m from the ship, puts her helmet away, locks everything up, fixes her boot lace (checking her ankle holster as she does), then strolls over to the open cargo bay.

If there is no one present (she would assume they might have all gone to the upper deck) she will simply wait just off the ship, giving the interior a good looking-over. She notes some fresh maintenance, and some neglected bits. What is in obvious sight from here?
From what Sam wrote, I expect that either Henry or Gayne or both will be there to greet Donoma when she arrives, or at least while she is putting away her helmet and checking her gun.

[OOC: Let's wait for Sam or Chaos to check in so that Henry or Gayne can interact w Donoma.]

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 22nd, 2013 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: typo
Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:59 PM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
Donoma waves to Officer Shrake as they drive away.

Donoma parks her bike off to the port side of the raised nose, about 10m from the ship, puts her helmet away, locks everything up, fixes her boot lace (checking her ankle holster as she does), then strolls over to the open cargo bay.

If there is no one present (she would assume they might have all gone to the upper deck) she will simply wait just off the ship, giving the interior a good looking-over. She notes some fresh maintenance, and some neglected bits. What is in obvious sight from here?
Gayne, at the very least since he is the security guy securing the ship if any doors are open.

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:05 PM

Visit sabredog's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Aw, heck, I forgot about the passengers.

When Sergeant Blaser asked for questions at the end of the arrival interviews, one of them, Scott Jarvanigar, asks how they are supposed to get themselves and their baggage to the terminal building about 500m away.

He laughs and suggest they ask the Captain or Steward, but says that he expects the crew can run them over to the terminal in a ships' vehicle, or they can have the terminal send out a bus with a docking tube that can raise or lower to connect to ship airlocks, or they can call a taxicab to come out to the ship to pick them up. The port bus costs Cr40/person, with a minimum of Cr200, so for four of them it might be Cr50 each. The cabs are usually more expensive than that, depending on destination; they are mostly wheeled or ACV, with a few grav cabs available at premium rates.

When Sergeant Blaser and his officers leave, Scott Jarvanigar and Sethra Lavode gather around either the Captain or Max or Janna (whoever is still in the lounge) asking what they should do about transport. David Verchanski and Miklos Thanning are each talking on personal comms, presumably making their own arrangements.

[OOC: If someone from the ship wants to transport the passengers to the terminal, either the Launch or the air-raft would work. The Launch has the advantage that it could dock to the passenger airlock and not require bringing them down through the cargo hold, where the air-raft is currently parked.]
Hampton will ask Doc if he'll take the passengers and thier luggage to the terminal in the launch? He can also see about offloading the cargo and meeting any fellow brokers while he's there. Henry can take the air raft to get the robot he wanted, but save the scrapysrd for later.

Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:05 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Gayne, at the very least since he is the security guy securing the ship if any doors are open.
True. I would expect that when Sergeant Blaser asked Hampton and Doc to accompany him to the lounge, the guys up there would have already cleared Gayne so that he could go down to cover the open nose and not leave it unguarded.

So at least Gayne is there.

[OOC: Chaos, who plays Gayne, just left for the afternoon, so maybe somebody else could also go down to greet Donoma?]

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:10 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
He can also see about offloading the cargo and meeting any fellow brokers while he's there.
Kalos is your Trader/Broker guy. I don't think anyone else on ship has those skills. By SOP, you probably don't want to unload that stuff until it is sold and you have transfer arrangements made; otherwise you might end up reloading it all into the ship, or paying extra for storage or someone else to transport it for you.

[OOC: I was in the midst of preparing a post to Kalos w some messages about the stuff that he listed already, but saw there had been some activity this morning and got sidetracked responding to that. I'll finish the sale messages here in a few minutes.]

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:17 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

[OOC: Chaos and ErlianFrost are both out for the afternoon, so if some other crewperson is checking in and would like to go begin the interaction with Donoma, that would move things along. She probably needs to speak with the Captain eventually anyway, to discuss employment.]

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:25 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Quote:
Hampton will ask Doc if he'll take the passengers and thier luggage to the terminal in the launch? He can also see about offloading the cargo and meeting any fellow brokers while he's there. Henry can take the air raft to get the robot he wanted, but save the scrapysrd for later.
Nodding at the Captain, Doc turns back to the passengers, 'If you all will get your belongings gathered and ready, I will be at the airlock with the ship in 30 minutes. We will be leaving 30 minutes after that, so if you miss the ride, you get to walk.'

With that, Doc turns to leave and heads back into the crew area, there he will drop off the flask of Hard Cider, grab his shades and favorite flying cap then head up to the Launch.

After doing the standard flight check Doc will call in his flight plan and get approval from the Port authorities for the trip. Once approval is given, Doc maneuvers the Launch to the airlock. rolled 8 and attach to the ship then place the controls on auto stationary pilot. Flipping the appropriate switches, Doc opens the doors and airlocks and greets the now departing guests.

Once the all the passengers are on or 30 minutes is up, Doc will then fly them to the terminal area.
rolled 7
Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:40 PM

Visit sabredog's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Kalos is your Trader/Broker guy. I don't think anyone else on ship has those skills. By SOP, you probably don't want to unload that stuff until it is sold and you have transfer arrangements made; otherwise you might end up reloading it all into the ship, or paying extra for storage or someone else to transport it for you.

[OOC: I was in the midst of preparing a post to Kalos w some messages about the stuff that he listed already, but saw there had been some activity this morning and got sidetracked responding to that. I'll finish the sale messages here in a few minutes.]
Duh-oh! I have too many crew! Must...keep...track... Hampton is going to go over the cargo figures with Kalos when they arrive, and go see whats up with our new visitor outside.
(OOC) I'm heading out for an appt in RL so I'll finish this bit later when I get home tonigbt.

Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:58 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
Default Fortunate Son, Devonia City Starport (shiptime 0340, 3731-08-13)

Alfred notifies Kalos of some messages from the port's cargo listing system, on which Kalos had listed the ship's cargos of Light Metals and Computers several days prior during the trip in-system to Devonia.

When Kalos checks the messages, there are offers pending on both of these cargo lots:

Light Metals, 25 tons, offer Cr300K, request offloading to port storage (buyer's expense) for buyer to pick up when convenient. (This would be a profit, as ship only paid Cr200K for this cargo. It would be difficult to do better than this, even holding out to allow Kalos to apply Trader skills.)

Computers (TL 10), 4 tons, offer Cr1.2M, buyer will pick up directly from ship if offer accepted. (Again, it would be hard to do better than this. The ship only paid Cr800K for this cargo.)

Note: under the public listing system, the ship can choose to accept these offers and close the deal, or reject these offers and pay the fees for new listings which will need to remain open for at least five days.

[OOC: this is my "modernization" of the CT system that lets you check for spec cargo purchase offers every five days. I allow one check immediately on landing (or even prior, if cargo is listed by comm during system transit), then after that we go to the one check every five days rule. This represents the efficiency of electronic listing systems; maybe somebody already had a "wanted" or flag set for what you are offering. The downside of the public listings is that you don't get a price mod from Trader skill; you need to make contact in person or by comm for that.]

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 22nd, 2013 at 04:19 PM..
Old August 22nd, 2013, 04:01 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

There is also 31 tons of standard freight to unload.

SOP is for this to be unloaded to port storage, with notification to the receiver to come and pick it up (receiver pays storage).

The ship can earn some brownie points and maybe make friends/contacts by contacting each receiver before unloading, and asking if they would prefer to come pick it up directly from the ship, or even have the ship deliver it (for extra fees, of course).

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Closed Thread