Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:43 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
[OOC: Dave, does that bottle have a label? Or, just a clear bottle with some unknown amber fluid in it?]
OOC: good point, I PC didn't think about that, I wonder if Doc did? I know it would have a date on it when it was brewed.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:59 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default Fortunate Son, Devonia City Starport (shiptime 0320, 3731-08-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
At the end of the inspection Doc reaches into his back pocket for a flask, 'I waited until now because I didn't want it to see like a bribe, but here have this compliments of the ship.' Doc hands him the flask with a good version of homemade Hard Apple Cider.

'It's just a ship custom way of greeting those who are friendly and of good nature when dealing with us.'
Sergeant Blaser unscrews the cap and takes a deep sniff, then screws the cap back on. "Smells delicious, Doctor, but I'm afraid I can't accept such a gift while on duty. However, if I should happen to run into you this evening at O'Shea's Irish Pub, right over that way about two blocks from the starport, well I wouldn't be on duty then, would I?"

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 22nd, 2013 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: added time/date
Old August 22nd, 2013, 08:17 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Sergeant Blaser unscrews the cap and takes a deep sniff, then screws the cap back on. "Smells delicious, Doctor, but I'm afraid I can't accept such a gift while on duty. However, if I should happen to run into you this evening at O'Shea's Irish Pub, right over that way about two blocks from the starport, well I wouldn't be on duty then, would I?"
Slipping the bottle back into his pocket while shaking Sergeant Blaser hand, 'Sounds great to me. You don't know perchance if they allow any friend card games there do you?'
Old August 22nd, 2013, 09:12 AM

Gallery : 15
samuelvss Citizen

Henry winces a little at the mention of cards.

SVSS

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:03 AM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Cool Donoma

Donoma observes the outside of the ship: basic gray, with standard markings around antennas, hatches, and various ports, a few scars here and there.
[OOC: is the name painted on the ship, even? I get the impression that level of upkeep hasn't been reached, yet.]

She gets on her bike and cruises nonchalantly in a wide circuit around the ship's berth, observing the ship from all sides. She then drives up to the open cargo doors, timing her arrival to the departure of the customs team.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:59 AM

Gallery : 15
samuelvss Citizen

Henry is staying with the passengers until they are clear, and will also keep an eye on any external view of the ship to the extent he can. If he can see Donoma's unexpected approach, he will suggest to Gayne that one of them cover her discretely.

SVSS

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."
Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:32 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default Fortunate Son, Devonia City Starport (shiptime 0320, 3731-08-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelvss View Post
Henry is staying with the passengers until they are clear.
Aw, heck, I forgot about the passengers.

When Sergeant Blaser asked for questions at the end of the arrival interviews, one of them, Scott Jarvanigar, asks how they are supposed to get themselves and their baggage to the terminal building about 500m away.

He laughs and suggest they ask the Captain or Steward, but says that he expects the crew can run them over to the terminal in a ships' vehicle, or they can have the terminal send out a bus with a docking tube that can raise or lower to connect to ship airlocks, or they can call a taxicab to come out to the ship to pick them up. The port bus costs Cr40/person, with a minimum of Cr200, so for four of them it might be Cr50 each. The cabs are usually more expensive than that, depending on destination; they are mostly wheeled or ACV, with a few grav cabs available at premium rates.

When Sergeant Blaser and his officers leave, Scott Jarvanigar and Sethra Lavode gather around either the Captain or Max or Janna (whoever is still in the lounge) asking what they should do about transport. David Verchanski and Miklos Thanning are each talking on personal comms, presumably making their own arrangements.

[OOC: If someone from the ship wants to transport the passengers to the terminal, either the Launch or the air-raft would work. The Launch has the advantage that it could dock to the passenger airlock and not require bringing them down through the cargo hold, where the air-raft is currently parked.]

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 22nd, 2013 at 03:00 PM..
Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:42 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
Default Fortunate Son, Devonia City Starport (shiptime 0330, 3731-08-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelvss View Post
Henry ... will also keep an eye on any external view of the ship to the extent he can. If he can see Donoma's unexpected approach, he will suggest to Gayne that one of them cover her discretely.
Fritz originally said that Donoma was parking among some parked vehicles - which would be further away than the 60m he indicated, as ships landing always get at least 100m radius of open space - this place was overbuilt, remember, and they have plenty of pad space - so I'd say if she was using parked vehicles for cover she was about 200m away from the ship.

Henry doesn't especially notice her that far away, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
She gets on her bike and cruises nonchalantly in a wide circuit around the ship's berth, observing the ship from all sides. She then drives up to the open cargo doors, timing her arrival to the departure of the customs team.
when she approaches the ship, Henry notices and the ship's anti-hijack system also notices, and Alfred will notify each crewperson (by personal comm or compartment speakers, depending on whether any passengers or police are still around) of an approaching vehicle, apparently a civilian grav bike.

[OOC: Fritz, I'm assuming Donoma already got clearance from port security, otherwise they'd be a mite concerned about someone just zipping around where they please on a grav bike. BTW, it is probably hard to "cruise nonchalantly" around a big open starport pad with only one ship currently in port. Kinda like, "I dunno, fly casual." ]

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 22nd, 2013 at 03:01 PM..
Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:53 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default Donoma

[OOC:
Quote:
I'd say if she was using parked vehicles for cover she was about 200m away from the ship.
No problem.]

Quote:
[OOC: Fritz, I'm assuming Donoma already got clearance from port security]
[OOC: Yep. I've been hanging out here for a while, and the port guys can get mighty bored. Some pub time, an occasional ride on the bike, fresh fish, etc. can get you lots of friendly acquaintances. Note - that "etc." does not include anything involving intimate relations.]

Quote:
[OOC: Kinda like, "I dunno, fly casual." ]
Exactly.

Donoma waves to Officer Shrake as they drive away.

Donoma parks her bike off to the port side of the raised nose, about 10m from the ship, puts her helmet away, locks everything up, fixes her boot lace (checking her ankle holster as she does), picks up her "logbook", then strolls over to the open cargo bay.

If there is no one present (she would assume they might have all gone to the upper deck) she will simply wait just off the ship, giving the interior a good looking-over. She notes some fresh maintenance, and some neglected bits. What is in obvious sight from here?

Last edited by Fritz_Brown; August 22nd, 2013 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: added the logbook in there - I should never assume
Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:54 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
Slipping the bottle back into his pocket while shaking Sergeant Blaser hand, 'Sounds great to me. You don't know perchance if they allow any friend card games there do you?'
Blaser replies that there are usually one or two card games, although the current rage locally is a multiplayer game something like Scrabble, played through personal comms or dedicated game units. Although people can play it through the comm net and not even see their opponents, the popular thing to do is sit around a table doing it to allow socializing and table talk.

With that he'll nod to Doc and say that he hopes to see him later, then gather his officers and exit the way they came in.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Closed Thread