Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 21st, 2013, 02:17 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
Did Donoma see that? (She's observing, and listening in on traffic control freq.)
No, she didn't see anything 15km up and probably 30+ km out to sea.

[OOC: What would she be listening with? Personal comm won't pick that up, it is more like a cell phone that you connect to a local network with. I don't recall her having any special comm equipment?]

EDIT: Besides that, the port uses laser comms for talking with ships. Unless she were up in the air on her grav bike positioned in exactly the right place with a laser receiver, she wouldn't be able to listen in. And if she WERE up there in exactly the right place, she would now be a bug on the windshield of the Fortunate Son. Now THAT would be a bird strike!!!

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 21st, 2013 at 02:51 AM..
Old August 21st, 2013, 02:27 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default Fortunate Son, Devonia City Starport (shiptime 0230, 3731-08-13)

Outside the ship it appears to be early morning, maybe 0700 local time.

Another comm to the Bridge from the port: "Hello, Fortunate Son, this is Sergeant Blaser of Devonia City Police, Customs and Immigration Division. We are approaching your ship now. Please prepare for boarding through your cargo hold. If you have a central lounge or other convenient area, please have all passengers and crew who intend to leave the ship here on Devonia gathered there for arrival clearance.Please have Captain Rhodes and whichever officer is responsible for cargo stowage meet me and my squad in the cargo hold."

"Any questions?"

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 21st, 2013, 06:10 AM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
No, she didn't see anything 15km up and probably 30+ km out to sea.
OK (That's probably a good thing.)

Quote:
[OOC: What would she be listening with? Personal comm won't pick that up, it is more like a cell phone that you connect to a local network with. I don't recall her having any special comm equipment?]
[OOC: I guess I'm rooted in today's world, where omnidirectional comms are the standard for air traffic control because of how they're used, and radios that can scan those frequencies are ubiquitous. I didn't say she had any of that comm, though, so no problem.]

Quote:
Now THAT would be a bird strike!!!
[OOC: If you're using a Briticism there, then Bravo! Well done! ]
Old August 21st, 2013, 06:18 AM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default Donoma

Donoma watches the ship settle in (I assume without any ... issues) and the services move out to meet them. She checks her watch to time the customs process. (If it's very fast - in her opinion - they either don't have any cargo or passengers, they bribed their way through it, or they had everything ready to go when they touched dirtside. Timing it won't tell her everything, but it will be one more piece of data.)

She looks over the ship with a practiced eye, looking for clues to maintenance, ship's personality (you wouldn't believe some of the ship art she has seen!), figuring possibilities.

Last edited by Fritz_Brown; August 21st, 2013 at 06:22 AM.. Reason: hit the wrong button and posted
Old August 21st, 2013, 09:09 AM

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome
Default Max Black (Engineer / Steward)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Crew-only channel...."Max? What happened back there at around 12,000 meters? Why did the ship try to kill us?"
[Max]
"Drive synchronization failure is my best guess" Max replies over the crew channel. "I'm running it down now. [pause] But the emergency stabilizers responded when you activated them, so the maintenance on the critical systems paid off. I realize that the depth of the shadow left us little choice but a 3G burn in this case, but if we could try to hold it down to 2G until we can finish maintenance on the M-drives, the non-critical subsystems would appreciate it."

[an alarm sounds in the background]

"Oops, gotta go ... Alfred, bring me mechanic toolkit number 4 ... Max out."
Old August 21st, 2013, 09:19 AM

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome
Default Max Black (Engineer / Steward)

[Max]
[softly over the crew comm.]
Max to security, stay sharp. We're in the deep now ... it ain't like back home.

Max grabs his shotgun from the cabin and stores it conveniently close in one of the engineering tool boxes dividing his attention between repairing the Drive Synchronizer and listening to the comms.
Old August 21st, 2013, 12:26 PM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

Quote:
Outside the ship it appears to be early morning, maybe 0700 local time.

Another comm to the Bridge from the port: "Hello, Fortunate Son, this is Sergeant Blaser of Devonia City Police, Customs and Immigration Division. We are approaching your ship now. Please prepare for boarding through your cargo hold. If you have a central lounge or other convenient area, please have all passengers and crew who intend to leave the ship here on Devonia gathered there for arrival clearance.Please have Captain Rhodes and whichever officer is responsible for cargo stowage meet me and my squad in the cargo hold."

"Any questions?"
"Fortunate Son copies, Sergeant, we will meet you on the pad at the bow dors. Out"

Crew channel: "Doc, you and I have to go meey the good sergeant in the hold- everyone else is to assemble in the passenger lounge for customs. Lets get this over with and get on with business. Security- keep it subtle but make sure there are no surprses come from any passengers. If anything happens ley the customs boys handle unless they can'tt - no sense bleeding for them if you can help it. Holstered sidearms are authorized but keep your hands in the clear in case the locals are twitchy."

Hampton locks his boards, sets the parking brake, and heads downstairs to meet with Customs. On the way he gets his autopistol and buckles on his gunbelt.

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old August 21st, 2013, 12:44 PM

Gallery : 15
samuelvss Citizen

Henry checks with Max, "I'm planning to go through customs, root for parts, then come back to help with the drives, but let me know if you want me sooner or call if if need help sooner."

Henry heads to the lounge. Henry's auto snub is still where it lives, but he unzips the front of his coveralls to keep it an easier draw. When the passengers are safely away he will discuss someone taking anchor watch for the first few hours while he hunts up parts, then taking over.

SVSS

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."
Old August 21st, 2013, 01:12 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
ErianFrost Citizen

Kalos stops by his stateroom to fix his holster (containing his gauss pistol) to his belt, along with two mags of solid needles and one mag of splinter needles. Thus armed, he makes his way to the passenger lounge to wait with the others.
Old August 21st, 2013, 01:13 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
Default Fortunate Son, Devonia City Starport (shiptime 0230, 3731-08-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
"Fortunate Son copies, Sergeant, we will meet you on the pad at the bow dors. Out."
[OOC: By bow doors, you mean where the nose of the ship lifts up and open? I was going to mention, I think you can only do that when you have less than a full load of fuel, bc that nose is a fuel tank and it would be a big strain on hydraulics to lift that against gravity. For now, let's assume you already have that tank emptied, so no problem opening it.]

A grav car with police markings and lights glides over to the bow of Fortunate Son and sets down on the pad. Four officers get out and come inside the cargo hold to where Captain Rhodes and Doc Freeman are waiting.

The Sergeant steps forward with a friendly smile on his face, hand outstretched to shake. "Hello, I'm Sergeant Blaser. Which of you is Captain Rhodes?"

[OOC: Assuming that y'all introduce yourselves, he will continue.]

"I notice that you are armed, which is of course your right on your own ship, but our Department policy does not allow customs inspections or immigration interviews with armed subjects. If you wouldn't mind putting away the weapons, we can continue; otherwise I'm afraid we will have to cancel this proceeding and you, your passengers, and your cargo will all have to remain on this ship."

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Closed Thread