Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > 2300/2320AD > 2300AD & 2320

2300AD & 2320 Discussion of the original 2300AD from GDW, the revised 2300 from Mongoose Publishing, or QLI's 2320AD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:31 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Question EVA While Using Stutterwarp?

This is a follow-up on the EVA While in Jump Space? thread that I started a few days ago in the Imperial Research Station subforum. Had lots of interesting discussion re jump space, but nobody really wanted to talk about stutterwarp, so I'll try again here.

I don't recall seeing answers to these questions in 2300AD rules. If someone can point me to a relevant rule I would appreciate it; if not, then I am interested in how different GMs would rule in their own 2300AD universes.

1) Is extra-vehicular activity possible while the ship is in stutterwarp? (Frex, can you get into a vac-suit, go out the airlock, and make repairs on the exterior of the ship?)

2) If yes, is there some bubble or area of space included in the stutterwarp effect, similar to the jump grid and jump bubble of jump drive?

3) If yes, what happens if you accidentally get outside that stutterwarp field? Just left behind while ship warps onward, or something more drastic?

4) If there is some bubble or area of space included in the stutterwarp effect, does it closely follow the outer skin of the ship, form a rough bubble shape around the ship, or what? How does that apply to ships that are dispersed structures w lots of modules connected by struts and passages?

Looking forward to your input on this, thanks!