Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > In My Traveller Universe

In My Traveller Universe Detail what parts of Traveller you do (or don't) use in your campaign.

Old May 11th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 15
samuelvss Citizen
Default Red Zones - How Does the System Work

Th Spinward Main goes through a couple of Red Zones, circa 1105:Gorram/ Spinward Marches 2322 and Nirton / Spinward Marches 1332. Both have gas giants.

IMTU, I had assumed the IISS would allow gas giant refueling and moving on through; essentially, the world is interdicted, and the system is monitored and restricted to gas giant refueling. I do not recall having seen anything in the CT canon on this, however, and I was wondering whether anyone has different info from the canon, and has different ways of handling Red Zones.

In other cases, where there is no reason to be in system, such as Grant/ Spinward Marches 1607, IMTU the system is essentially a red zone. In both cases, entering the system has to by notification to the IISS; in the former, this is a notification similar to a flight plan, that can just be broadcast or filed covertly at the previous starport. In the latter case, an application has to be made at a scout base or class A startport, at lest a month prior, giving specific justification (mining the asteroid belt far away from the world); such applications will be difficult at best to get approved.

I have multiply-redundant comunications dropbox/repeater satellites to enhance surveillance in all systems, and these are used by patrolling units to spread the word of any recent intrusions.

SVSS

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."
Old May 11th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

A Red Zone classification is a label awarded by the Travellers' Aid Society as a warning that visiting the place is very dangerous. An interdiction is a formal prohibition issued by the Imperium debarring starfarers from contact with a specific area, world or system. Red zones are awarded for interdictions, but also for other dangers.

Hans
Old May 12th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 2
Peter Schutze Citizen

red zone

semi official advice like real world government warnings to avoid an area. most governments dont actively stop you going there but they might not rescue you either

which is quite different to

interdicted

official and enforced restriction like the areas surrounding high security mililtary sites (lethal force as likely response etc) or in some lesser cases just the hassles faced US citizens dealing with or travelling to Cuba