Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > MegaTraveller

MegaTraveller Discuss of the MegaTraveller ruleset and the Rebellion Milieu

Old June 25th, 2003, 10:52 AM
Citizen: SOC-10

Gallery : 0
jalberti Citizen
I am curious to know if any of you are running any MT games? How are you doing it in person, online, etc.?

I have been thinking about putting together a MT scenario set during the Rebellion and running it online at some site or using GRIP Traveller. I wonder if there would be any interest.
Old July 8th, 2003, 05:54 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Cymew Citizen
Sure, I think it sounds interesting.

I'm about to start a MT game later in the summer. I'm hoping to buy some MT stuff then. Owning the rules makes it easier...

I'm not sure I'm going to use the Rebellion though. We'll see.
Old July 23rd, 2003, 08:53 AM
Citizen: SOC-1

sgtnasty Citizen
I played classic trav from 1982 to 1990 using CT and then eventually using MT rules. But I never used the rebellion timeline. Now after re-reading thru it (with added years of maturity) I really am left with an excited and positive reaction to this setting. It seems far more exciting, and the root elements and paranoia of each socitey/culture/race is polarized and excaserbated in the rebellion. Seems like a very exciting setting to play in.

I am going to be continuing our old campaign this week, and the players are all excited...
Old July 23rd, 2003, 11:12 AM

TWILIGHT Citizen
I love the rebellion/hard times milieu. I use Chaosium's BRP rules for this setting...
Old July 27th, 2003, 02:39 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 28
Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen
I have tried to engage a younger (read: early 30s) group in starting a MT campaign but there was not much interest. They seem to long for a conflict free game now so I ran Odyssey and also a Traveller variant based on a few 2300 products which went over better.

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/
Old July 29th, 2003, 01:24 AM

kaladorn Citizen
I'm running an MT campaign (many of the players participated in my last one, several years back, that ran for about two years and got rave reviews) based in the Marches around Focaline (Aramis Subsector). Right now the team is off on Inthe recovering what will become their Fast Trader (a custom design). We also do GRIP as a suppliment to our realtime gaming.

Just for a sample, checkout the ship:
The Haaka Vilaaru

The deckplan GIF came from some cut-n-paste from GRIPMap (where I drew it using GTS-0006 tileset).

We're set in 1114 and are undecided on which future we'll use (rebellion, no rebellion, modified rebellion...). I liked the Rebellion, but we did it last time.... (treachery, betrayal, the Solomani Onslaught on Rimward Imperial Territory).
"Tell them, that from this place we will deliver notice to the parliaments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness. And we will hold that line, .. no matter the cost." -- Cpt. Sheridan "The Long, Twilight Struggle"
Old July 31st, 2003, 07:02 AM

Ben W Bell Citizen
I'm running using MT rules, but set in an alternate Milieu 0 setting with another large empire who has rebuilt from the ashes.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."
Old July 31st, 2003, 09:17 AM
Marquis

Gallery : 9
Visit robject's Blog
robject has disabled reputation
I run with some sort of "MT Lite" rules: MT with CT- or T4-like combat, I guess.
Tools Link
Old June 25th, 2003, 10:52 AM
Citizen: SOC-10

jalberti Citizen
I am curious to know if any of you are running any MT games? How are you doing it in person, online, etc.?

I have been thinking about putting together a MT scenario set during the Rebellion and running it online at some site or using GRIP Traveller. I wonder if there would be any interest.
Old July 8th, 2003, 05:54 PM

Cymew Citizen
Sure, I think it sounds interesting.

I'm about to start a MT game later in the summer. I'm hoping to buy some MT stuff then. Owning the rules makes it easier...

I'm not sure I'm going to use the Rebellion though. We'll see.