Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old March 17th, 2021, 03:55 AM
Count

Gallery : 5
Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout Awesome
Default Have you ever converted an adventure to Traveller?

I was browsing through Drivethrurpg and sawa game called Locket Away. You have to retrieve a stolen locket. A simple job - or is it?

Anyway, I haven't even looked at the game itself and it sounds like a Traveller Patron Encounter.

So, have you ever converted an adventure to Traveller?
Old March 17th, 2021, 04:49 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
ShawnDriscoll Citizen+ShawnDriscoll Citizen+

For me, it's more like convert Traveller to the adventure. Since the game mechanic is generic enough. I have fantasy card decks that help with generating adventures. Drivethru sells various ones.

But if it's "science-fiction"...
syfy stuff, I just use in Traveller as-is.
The same goes for DUST film shorts I watch on YouTube. I just use them in Traveller as-is.
Old March 18th, 2021, 04:51 AM
Count

Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout Awesome

I like those DUST shorts. A lot of fun.

I've got to check out those adventure generating decks. That could be helpful.
Old March 18th, 2021, 09:59 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 3
GypsyComet Citizen++GypsyComet Citizen++GypsyComet Citizen++GypsyComet Citizen++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinward Scout View Post
have you ever converted an adventure to Traveller?
I bought a bunch of old Star Frontiers stuff on clearance, and pick up other RPG materials if they strike me, with this in mind. Have been for years.

Also, I think T4 actually published a few converted adventures. There's a whole book that feels more like Metamorphosis Alpha than Traveller.

"Alright. Where did that Beaker get a cred stick?"
(Website down until further notice)
Old March 19th, 2021, 04:05 PM
Citizen: SOC-11

Dulinor Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyComet View Post
Also, I think T4 actually published a few converted adventures. There's a whole book that feels more like Metamorphosis Alpha than Traveller.
Which one?
Old March 19th, 2021, 08:54 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

jcrocker Citizen+jcrocker Citizen+

When our group was playing TNE back in the day, I converted a couple Twilight: 2000 modules to Traveller. If you can come up with a plausible reason why they just can't hover a starship in the town square and start blasting opponents, they worked out pretty good.
Old March 20th, 2021, 01:36 AM

Visit Timerover51's Blog
Timerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved Citizen

While not Traveller, I am thinking about adapting some Space: 1889 material to Cepheus Engine, probably using Rider as a starting point. That is set in the correct period, so no having to deal with starships landing in the town square, or on Mars, further confusing the Martians, or really messing up trade with Venus. I have my own thoughts on that. Edison strikes again!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.
Old March 20th, 2021, 12:59 PM

whartung Citizen+whartung Citizen+whartung Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrocker View Post
When our group was playing TNE back in the day, I converted a couple Twilight: 2000 modules to Traveller. If you can come up with a plausible reason why they just can't hover a starship in the town square and start blasting opponents, they worked out pretty good.
A friend of mine ran an adventure where the ships computer was broken, and a replacement could be found on the local planet. The detail is that it was being worshipped by the population. This could have fit very well in a TNE scenario with TED and such. He spent quite some time working up the details of the civilization, etc. He was an Archeologist by trade.

Recovery was going to be very involved, until it was discovered that the computer on the pinnace or ships boat was enough to quickly solve the immediate problem (getting the ship out of the system).

At which point the players nuked the site from orbit, and jumped out.

Much like in Star Trek, many of the stories have to get the transporter disabled to make it work.
Old March 20th, 2021, 03:44 PM

Gallery : 3
GypsyComet Citizen++GypsyComet Citizen++GypsyComet Citizen++GypsyComet Citizen++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulinor View Post
Which one?
Specifically "The Gauntlet Cruise" in Missions of State. The rest of that book is still pretty silly, but not Gauntlet Cruise silly. It also makes sense when you check the credits.

"Alright. Where did that Beaker get a cred stick?"
(Website down until further notice)
Old March 23rd, 2021, 01:33 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

leo knight Citizen

There's an old 70s D&D adventure from White Dwarf magazine called "The Lichway." When it came out, I was home sick for a week from school, and taking medicine with codeine, which may have altered my perceptions. I read that adventure so many times, I memorized it. Over the years, I've run it in various guises, for various systems, including Traveller.
Plagiarize, Let no one else's work evade your eyes, Remember why the Good Lord made your eyes, So don't shade your eyes, But plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize - Only be sure always to call it please research. - Tom Lehrer