Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old September 14th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
The car screeches to a stop about 6m (20 feet) away from Gayne's position at the driveway from road to parking lot - the driver probably can't hear him, but his body language is clear enough.
... and there goes Donoma's body armor delivery ... good luck getting that 16 year old delivery boy to return.

On the other hand, Hey, what the heck does Donoma need to do to get an answer from the mine manager on an expected flight?

Ultimately, it is the owner who has a responsibility to protect his property, the crew really just needs to protect the ship and the cargo already in our hold. If someone wants to attack a mine, how is that our problem? Just call the police and defend our ship. If we choose to come to the rescue of any person in distress ... Good Samaritan Laws tend to cover that.

We are not a licensed security force and we are not getting paid to provide security. We are coordinating our security of the ship with his security of he mine and trying to keep the loading going as fast as possible ... for everyone's benefit.

Last edited by atpollard; September 14th, 2013 at 12:52 PM..
Old September 14th, 2013, 03:25 PM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

I suppose it could be argued that it is more exciting for us to get into a blazing gun battle protecting the ores, Nero, and his retinue. And it is kinda our property, too - if we don't get it to market on Nexus we don't get paid.

The stuff gets seized with a writ of replevin but the court says it has to be put into storage till it all gets sorted out, it sits there for months waiting for the courts to decide, in the meantime the ship starts getting all cobwebby and rusty at the impound yard since some smart guy slaps a third party lien on it as a bond against any damages for profit losses incurred by Ixiom while they have to pay all sorts of expensive suits to sue everyone before they can sell the stuff themselves, Max's grill is seized with the ship before Hampton gets one of those tasty Monte Cristo sandwiches...oh, the humanity!

I'd prefer the potential use of force to cut through all the red tape involved if the courts and lawyers take over. Otherwise all we are doing is playing a less graphic-intensive spreadsheet RPG like EVE. yawn

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old September 14th, 2013, 03:31 PM

Gallery : 1
Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
I'd prefer the potential use of force to cut through all the red tape involved if the courts and lawyers take over.
I understand, but cutting red tape with gunfire is, ummmm ... going to limit your future operations a bit. That whole "Wanted for murder, piracy, and hijacking" thing - especially when the posters get around to the other nearby systems.

Plus, have you ever seen a "good side" in a booking photo? I am NOT going to have Donoma's picture plastered all over the subsector looking like that!
Old September 14th, 2013, 03:38 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
[OOC: Is there a separate IA for Wild Ride?]
No, just a copy of Alfred that can run independently when lightspeed-lag requires it, and "talks to himself" at Fortunate Son to stay synchronized.

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old September 14th, 2013, 03:53 PM

Visit sabredog's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
I understand, but cutting red tape with gunfire is, ummmm ... going to limit your future operations a bit. That whole "Wanted for murder, piracy, and hijacking" thing - especially when the posters get around to the other nearby systems.

Plus, have you ever seen a "good side" in a booking photo? I am NOT going to have Donoma's picture plastered all over the subsector looking like that!
LOL...we would have a long line of planets we could never go back to I suppose.

OK, back to boring and semi-civil behavior.

Old September 14th, 2013, 04:02 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
and "talks to himself" at Fortunate Son to stay synchronized.
Poor Alfred. I know what it's like to talk to yourself because it's the only way to have an intelligent conversation.........
Old September 14th, 2013, 04:23 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Did y'all see this thread about gauss pistol stats? Anybody know enough Striker stuff to convert this to CT range and armor DMs?

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old September 14th, 2013, 04:45 PM

Visit sabredog's Blog

Look at the spreadsheet I sent you and you'll find various gauss weapons, including a pistol, on there.

or...

The ranges you multiply by ten to get the meters (the Striker scale is 1cm to ten meters and the range values are in cm), so effective range is 20 meters.

The ranges work as to hit base rolls: Effective =8+, Long= 10+, Extreme= 12+.

Penetration is against armor. Cloth armor has a value of 7.

You subtract the armor value from the penetration and use that as a DM on a 2D6 roll. The total is matched against a table for wounds. It's pretty dang lethal stuff.

If you use "effective range" as the base range for the highest chance the weapon has to hit then for a pistol I'd say that would be medium range in CT. 6-50m as per LBB1.

Give it better armor DM's than a heavy caliber pistol but the damage would still be around 3D6.

Old September 14th, 2013, 04:46 PM

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Can we scan the transport craft quietly ... empty containers should have a different IR signature than an APC full of mercs.

If we are going to be paranoid, then let's be paranoid.
Old September 14th, 2013, 05:37 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
Can we scan the transport craft quietly ... empty containers should have a different IR signature than an APC full of mercs.

If we are going to be paranoid, then let's be paranoid.
Sorry, didn't see this before I posted the landing - but containers are being offloaded, handled as if empty. Does someone wants to replay Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves by going over to pour boiling oil into each one just in case?

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Closed Thread