Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old September 12th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 15
samuelvss Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
Here is the post. Here is a direct link embedded in that post.
(Yes, we just crank out the posts aroun here - that's like 6 pages back!)
Thanks!

I'm a bit tapped out; I usually teach 4 sections a semester, 3 preps. In one semester only one of those, if any, will typically be new. This semester I am doing 6 sections, 5 preps, of which 2 are completely new. I've also been put in charge of a couple of other things by those who grossly underestimated my laziness and incompetence! Anyway, I am trying to skim a lot...

SVSS

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."
Old September 12th, 2013, 12:26 PM

samuelvss Citizen

Quote:
Oh! C3! I didn't recognize it as just letters! (And, it's all C4 nowadays.)
I thought it was C4I, or did it change back? It's bad enough having to learn green doctrine and purple doctrine as stationary targets, but they keep changing the acronyms.

SVSS

Old September 12th, 2013, 12:37 PM

Gallery : 1
Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

No, no, very true: C4I. I was just rolling with the 'C' thing..... :eyeroll:
(Know very well what you mean - just did one wholesale change on one document from one acronym to another, which change occurred *during* the signature phase of said document.)
Old September 12th, 2013, 12:44 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Not throwing the expert card (not by *any* means!), but FYI, I work with command and control systems. One of those systems does exactly what I've described: take various information (including sensor data) and correlates it all into a [st]big[/st] HUGE picture that the commander can look at up on one of those really expensive projector screens. Tactical data links are also part of the systems with which I deal. It's not rocket science, but it does take computing power - at TL8.
OK, well then I will defer to what you describe that Donoma can put together and send out to the others w the Sensors on her TL 10 system; but I do really think she can do that better with the full workstation she would have on the Bridge or now in the Launch; can't really grok being able to control all that from HHUD.

Also, I think I meant to throw in a note last night but forgot, since ATP has actual experience w forklifts and I do not, we will go w his description on those operations, because really these loaders are just very strong forklifts, skid-steer type (if that would work, AT?), that can lift these 1/4 dTon containers, weighing up to 25 tons effective weight after grav comp, and can raise them up to 1.6m to allow stacking one onto another when necessary. Probably take some kind of counter-weight on the back to avoid tipping forward w all that weight and leverage, wouldn't it?

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old September 12th, 2013, 12:48 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelvss View Post
Alright, where's the tactical map I keep hearing about?
Sorry, you would not believe the trouble I am having getting an actual camera and batteries together in one location to take a photo of this map w the actual gridlines on it. It is like something from a bad comedy. I finally got it all together last night, but was too tired to do anything. Now finished w med appts for this morning, will find a room w good light and see what I can do about getting said map into the computer to post.

So apparently no one here has enough GIMP mojo to figure out how for me to just save the image w the gridlines from GIMP included? I'll try a little googling, but that kinda stuff isn't really one of my strong points.

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old September 12th, 2013, 01:37 PM

samuelvss Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Sorry, you would not believe the trouble I am having getting an actual camera and batteries together in one location to take a photo of this map w the actual gridlines on it.
No, no: I never saw the original post! The stuff you have put up is great.

SVSS

Old September 12th, 2013, 01:39 PM

samuelvss Citizen

Quote:
No, no, very true: C4I.
I am fond of saying that if the acronym has changed, you could lay 10:1 that the program hadn't, but if the acronym was the same, you could bet the program was unrecognizably changed!

SVSS

Old September 12th, 2013, 02:05 PM

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Sorry, you would not believe the trouble I am having getting an actual camera and batteries together in one location to take a photo of this map w the actual gridlines on it. It is like something from a bad comedy. I finally got it all together last night, but was too tired to do anything. Now finished w med appts for this morning, will find a room w good light and see what I can do about getting said map into the computer to post.

So apparently no one here has enough GIMP mojo to figure out how for me to just save the image w the gridlines from GIMP included? I'll try a little googling, but that kinda stuff isn't really one of my strong points.
Have you asked at the Cartographers' Guild?

I found data on a plugin for GIMP to create a grid of lines.

[Sorry, I don't know much about GIMP and I don't know if you can view the topic without logging into the Cartographers' Guild.]
Old September 12th, 2013, 02:09 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Quote:
can't really grok being able to control all that from HHUD.
Only control from the HHUD/vacc suit would be zooming/panning and selecting a target for further info. And, she is going to control it from the launch's bridge.

Quote:
very strong forklifts, skid-steer type (if that would work, AT?), that can lift these 1/4 dTon containers, weighing up to 25 tons effective weight after grav comp, and can raise them up to 1.6m to allow stacking one onto another when necessary.
Should be able to raise them at least 3m, based on what I've seen with intermodal containers and in Sam's Club and loading a 707.

Quote:
So apparently no one here has enough GIMP mojo to figure out how for me to just save the image w the gridlines from GIMP included?
You'll have to create a grid. I would create it and save it as a picture, then you can "Open as a new layer" anytime you want to lay it down. Make the background for it transparent and you can lay it over top of whatever map you want to make. (Personally, I would use something other than GIMP to make the grid - I can't figure out how to do things like put down a rectangle or line, as everything seems to be freehand.)

[EDIT: I just sent you a couple of grids for use in GIMP. Just scale them appropriately to fit and you should be good to go.]

Last edited by Fritz_Brown; September 12th, 2013 at 02:49 PM..
Old September 12th, 2013, 02:17 PM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

I use photoshop and my scanner for all that grid n map stuff. Same as Fritz said....use layers and transparency. Nice thing is being able to save the .psd files for later updates and multiple maps with different info.

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Closed Thread