Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Imperial Interstellar Scout Service

Imperial Interstellar Scout Service Details of the worlds of the Imperium (and beyond).

Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
jawillroy has disabled reputation
Default Captcha Words make Fine Adventure Seeds

Ha. My Captcha word of the day: "Prophel"

Prophel: n, slang. a Temple of the Priestess-Seers of Callipygia, Fertility Goddess of Voluptuon-9.

Voluptuon-9 is that rarest of creatures: a world governed by a demanding, all-pervasive religious dictatorship that nevertheless enjoys active - one might say vigorous - intercourse with the interstellar community. True to form, the laws of the world are extremely restrictive. No offworlder is permitted on Voluptuon soil unless intending to receive the blessing of the temple hierarchy, and the Faithful will have nothing to do with offworlders who have not been so blessed. And yet, Voluptuon's high port is one of the busiest in the subsector, and trade between Voluptuon and its neighboring systems is brisk.

Visitors wishing to conduct business on V-9 are advised that petitioners to the Priestess Seers are expected to appear at the temple the night before, in order to propitiate The Goddess. Further recommendations are that petitioners be in good health, have no heart conditions, and harbor no social or religious compunctions that would conflict with the necessary temple rites. Travellers are strongly advised to avoid the world during its bi-annual solstice rites (see entry 141.0103V9.b, "Eunuch Priests of Voluptuon 8").

Unlike most locally based religions, the cult of Callipygia has gained adherents from as far as a sector from its native world. Offworld opinion generally agrees that the Priestess-Seers don't really see the future, but offworld opinion also generally agrees that this is entirely beside the point.

Last edited by jawillroy; September 22nd, 2010 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: I really, really would love to see Phil Foglio do a story about this. He has the right touch.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 02:15 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

BlackBat242 Citizen+BlackBat242 Citizen+BlackBat242 Citizen+

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink... saynomore!

Old September 22nd, 2010, 06:34 PM

Gallery : 6
Gray Lensman Citizen

Old September 24th, 2010, 12:16 PM

jatay3 Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawillroy View Post
Ha. My Captcha word of the day: "Prophel"

Prophel: n, slang. a Temple of the Priestess-Seers of Callipygia, Fertility Goddess of Voluptuon-9.

Voluptuon-9 is that rarest of creatures: a world governed by a demanding, all-pervasive religious dictatorship that nevertheless enjoys active - one might say vigorous - intercourse with the interstellar community. True to form, the laws of the world are extremely restrictive. No offworlder is permitted on Voluptuon soil unless intending to receive the blessing of the temple hierarchy, and the Faithful will have nothing to do with offworlders who have not been so blessed. And yet, Voluptuon's high port is one of the busiest in the subsector, and trade between Voluptuon and its neighboring systems is brisk.

Visitors wishing to conduct business on V-9 are advised that petitioners to the Priestess Seers are expected to appear at the temple the night before, in order to propitiate The Goddess. Further recommendations are that petitioners be in good health, have no heart conditions, and harbor no social or religious compunctions that would conflict with the necessary temple rites. Travellers are strongly advised to avoid the world during its bi-annual solstice rites (see entry 141.0103V9.b, "Eunuch Priests of Voluptuon 8").

Unlike most locally based religions, the cult of Callipygia has gained adherents from as far as a sector from its native world. Offworld opinion generally agrees that the Priestess-Seers don't really see the future, but offworld opinion also generally agrees that this is entirely beside the point.
Why do you think that is rare? If you mean what it sounds like you mean, thing's like that have been quite common historically. Don't make the mistake of "nowism"?
Old September 24th, 2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatay3 View Post
Why do you think that is rare? If you mean what it sounds like you mean, thing's like that have been quite common historically. Don't make the mistake of "nowism"?
Nothing to do with "nowism" or "anythingism." Everything to do with CT world generation.

Do you really think I was making a serious comment about anything at all in that post?
Old September 24th, 2010, 04:14 PM

jatay3 Citizen

Whatever.
Old September 24th, 2010, 04:45 PM

I'm not sure why you're so... cranky about this, but as you say, whatever.
Old September 28th, 2010, 01:33 AM

jatay3 Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawillroy View Post
I'm not sure why you're so... cranky about this, but as you say, whatever.
Actually I hadn't thought about that post for several days and wasn't really all that cranky right then. I sometimes do talk like that for various reasons; sometimes just habit and if I sounded abrasive I apologize, and assure you that I do not mean to cause trouble.

Last edited by jatay3; September 28th, 2010 at 01:50 AM..
Old September 28th, 2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatay3 View Post
Actually I hadn't thought about that post for several days and wasn't really all that cranky right then. I sometimes do talk like that for various reasons; sometimes just habit and if I sounded abrasive I apologize, and assure you that I do not mean to cause trouble.
No sweat. This medium sucks in that regard. I can be a trifle abrasive myself.