Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > In the OTU

In the OTU In the Official Traveller Universe. Any milieux that's been published in any edition. Not for discussion of rules except in reference to how they reflect the OTU

Old April 30th, 2021, 08:20 AM
Citizen: SOC-3

Gallery : 0
harunmushod Citizen
Default Question about CT adventure 2 "Research Station Gamma"

(Mild spoilers for CT adventure 2 "Research Station Gamma")

I want to relocate the CT adventure 2 "Research Station Gamma" to Trojan Reach sector. Anyone who is familiar with it, is there any reason it couldn't take place on Dostoevsky in Dpres subsector?

Stats: Dostoevsky B678673-A Ag Ni An Rs Imperium Client State.

The current known information on Dostoevseky is "Dostoevsky’s researchers are exploring an underwater site believed to be of Ancient origin. The government of Dostevsky is divided on how to deal with the Imperium, and the world’s long-term status as a client is very much in doubt."

I think I would have to change the purpose of the research station if I were to run Research Station Gamma here. But I think it matches the homeworld stats for the Chirpers, so they might well be found here as much as in the original location (Vanejen C686854-5, Rhylanor, Spinward Marches).
Old April 30th, 2021, 01:46 PM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen

As a dungeon crawl there is no reason it can not work.

But...

part of the charm of the adventure is the submarine trip - you will lose this since at TL A grav transport is common

the adventure itself
Spoiler:
involves the Imperium being involved in kidnap, imprisonment, experiment, torture and the killing of intelligent races to learn more about psionics
Old May 1st, 2021, 04:25 AM

harunmushod Citizen

The “Imperium client state” status should mean I can still run the Imperium interest in the adventure, and I thought I could still run the submarine bit, even at TL 10 (MgT2 Vehicle Handbook assumes subs still exist even at TL 15). But in any case, I could settle for just the dungeon crawl element as it doesn’t look like there are any better alternatives in the Trojan Reach.
Old May 1st, 2021, 01:55 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Fovean Citizen+Fovean Citizen+

At TL10 there could be air/raft-sized submarines, or even personal-sized, ubiquitous as ground cars. Likely armed of course. Add a few underwater beasties for fun...
Old May 3rd, 2021, 05:50 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 56
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

The biggest issue is astrographic...

Spoiler:
The presence of Chirpers limits it. See AM Droyne.

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 08:00 AM

harunmushod Citizen

Dostoevsky could host a population of Chirpers, couldn’t it? It’s the only planet with a research station that can support Chirper life. That’s why I think it’s the only viable location in Trojan Reach. Even so, I would have to change the purpose of the research station.