Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > In My Traveller Universe

In My Traveller Universe Detail what parts of Traveller you do (or don't) use in your campaign.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:13 PM
Count

Gallery : 0
Visit Hemdian's Blog
Hemdian Citizen+Hemdian Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemdian View Post
A high noble game, full of politics, set on Capital ... in the time leading up to The Assassination.
Then this campaign outline may interest you: The Rise and Fall of Cleon III.
I was going to go with "En Guarde" on Capital, but this works too.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:48 PM
Count

Visit Hemdian's Blog
Hemdian Citizen+Hemdian Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancke View Post
And the abortive conspiracy to turn the Duchy of Regina into a "neutral" Zhodani-backed border state between the Imperium and the Consulate, with the conspirators running the new republic. Several high-ranking Duchy leaders are very anxious to bury all evidence and keep it buried.
I used a vaguely similar idea in an old campaign but set in the Sword Worlds. It resulted in a civil war in the SW at the height of the 5FW and led to the formation of the Border Worlds.

In analysing the FFW boardgame counters (not the best source according to some) I figured there were 4 SW fleets but only 2 are accounted for in the game. A third, based at Narsil, fought against the Darrians. A fourth, based at Sacnoth, was supposed to defend the SW rear from the Imperial fleet at Glisten ... but instead the governing houses of Sacnoth opened negotiations with the Imperials which resulted in significantly disrupting the flow of key supplies to Admirals Riksdatter and Eyolfsson during their adventurism in the Lanth and Vilis subsectors. The battle at Sting between elements of the Sacnoth fleet and the Imperial fleet was a set up to purge elements loyal to the old guard.

The PCs were members of the 'odd job squad' in the Glisten fleet until they were shot down over Mithril. So most of the politics was a backdrop to what they were doing until a late-joining PC turned up playing a Major in the SZK (Sacnoth Army) who was also a minor SW noble on a diplomatic mission.

(This campaign was a long time ago when the only source of info on the SW was an old JTAS article.)
Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:52 PM
Count

Gallery : 5
Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Those are the settings I would most like to GM or play in; how about you? What setting would you like your next campaign to be in?
I'd like to play in a really cool Regina subsector campaign similar in structure to The Traveller Adventure. Less corporate and more exploration. Pirates. An artifact. Lots of aliens. A chance to be Knighted at the end.

A campaign at the height of Imperial Psionics just before the Psionic Suppressions.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:00 PM
Vice Administrator

Gallery : 2
Visit Cryton's Blog
Cryton has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Cryton
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinward Scout View Post
I'd like to play in a really cool Regina subsector campaign similar in structure to The Traveller Adventure. Less corporate and more exploration. Pirates. An artifact. Lots of aliens. A chance to be Knighted at the end.

A campaign at the height of Imperial Psionics just before the Psionic Suppressions.
That does sound like fun!

Richard Ricker, Baron of the 3I since 2010 Duke since 2016
Baron of Spirelle
Spin 1927 Spirelle C766846-8
Duke of D'Artur
Dagu 0924 D'Artur AAE7443-E
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:08 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Visit Timerover51's Blog
Timerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved Citizen

Quote:

So, what is keeping you from designing it? Or are you hoping someone else will develop it so that you can play in it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:33 PM
Vice Administrator

Gallery : 2
Visit Cryton's Blog
Cryton has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Cryton
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by timerover51 View Post
So, what is keeping you from designing it? Or are you hoping someone else will develop it so that you can play in it?
Nothing is keeping anyone from designing it. However, I would rather play!

Richard Ricker, Baron of the 3I since 2010 Duke since 2016
Baron of Spirelle
Spin 1927 Spirelle C766846-8
Duke of D'Artur
Dagu 0924 D'Artur AAE7443-E
Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:04 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Dunno about Spinny, but I too would like to design such a campaign, and in my case the thing that is preventing me from doing so is the large number of other things I'd like to write too combined with a low attention span.

If someone else would write some of them, that would be really nice. I've tried posting a few outlines here on CotI in precisely the hope that someone else would be inspired to develop them, but so far no luck.

Hans
Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:05 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Visit Timerover51's Blog
Timerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryton View Post
Nothing is keeping anyone from designing it. However, I would rather play!
If no one designs adventures or campaigns, then there is nothing to play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:11 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
I've been thinking of primusmotoring another introductory campaign in the same style as Regina Startown, but haven't gotten any further than the preliminary musings. It would be set in Regina subsector and involve the PCs crewing a free trader but with rules provided for plot-oriented trading rather than the ecomomy-oriented basic trade system. I'm sure some of your wishlist could be accomodated.

Hans
Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:42 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

DangerousThing Citizen

Quote:
If no one designs adventures or campaigns, then there is nothing to play.
I'm from the old days when each GM wrote their own adventures. Yes, there were adventures available, but they didn't make sense since each GM had also created their own world or universe.

I still do this.