Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Fleet

The Fleet Ship designs, strategies, and tactics.

Old July 12th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Hal Citizen+Hal Citizen+
Hi guys.

I'm not sure how pretty this will look, and I'm not good at formatting things here - but I'm making this available for anyone who wants it. What it is, is a listing of Gross Domestic Products per subsector. This does not take into account what the planet's political affiliation is, nor does it take into account the red or amber status of the worlds in question. It just lists what the GDP is for each subsector.

How did I get this value? Per GURPS FAR TRADER, I multiplied the Per capita Income for each planet by its population value. This Per Capita Income value is Based on the tech level of the world, its trade classifications such as Rich, Industrial, Agricultural (good modifiers) as well as by Poor, Desert, Asteroid, and Non-Industrial (bad modifiers).

Those who are interested in seeing just how much money is available per subsector can look at the chart and see an "approximation" (I'm sure I blundered on a few worlds with typographical errors or something). If you want the Excel spreadsheet from which this was done - feel free to email me. These Values are in Megacredits - (CrImp).

GDP
Sector Name GDP per Sector

</font>
  • Chronor....................87,459,386.58</font>
  • Querion.....................59,032,168.99</font>
  • Darrian......................51,453,548.33</font>
  • Five Sisters.................2,216,248.56</font>
  • Jewell........................64,334,337.88</font>
  • Villis..........................14,192,318.03</font>
  • Sword Worlds.........203,489,663.13</font>
  • District 268...............38,412,164.11</font>
  • Regina....................106,798,404.92</font>
  • Lanth.............................960,757.10</font>
  • Lunion.....................265,222,991.14</font>
  • Glisten.....................134,973,486.56</font>
  • Aramis.....................112,736,645.46</font>
  • Rhylanor..................208,232,522.21</font>
  • Mora........................248,999,147.99</font>
  • Trin's Veil..............1,896,889,839.66</font>
Hopefully - there are those of you who might find this useful [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old July 12th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
Oh yes.

It's useful [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img]

Thanks Hal [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old July 12th, 2004, 12:26 PM

Hal Citizen+Hal Citizen+
You're Welcome. I did spot one error - Tenalphi in Lunion should have been listed as TL 11 instead of the TL 4 I had As you can see however, it modified the GDP for the sector by a mere .43 Megacredits

Old July 12th, 2004, 12:27 PM

Hal Citizen+Hal Citizen+
Just a reminder: you don't have to buy a fleet with what ever budget you utilize based on this... you only have to maintain a fleet (which assumes that you've already purchased the ships in question).
Old July 12th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
Up to ten times yearly budget, according to TCS
Old July 12th, 2004, 12:42 PM

Hal Citizen+Hal Citizen+
That's what I'm going by too - thanks to Christopher Thrash for reminding me of it.
Old July 12th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Noble

Gallery : 12
Visit far-trader's Blog
far-trader Citizen
Wouldn't you have to figure in the purchase and replacement of the capital investment (the fleet)? And all the training, basing, etc., etc.

If all I have to pay is the maintenance/operations costs then I'm off to get a new ride today [img]smile.gif[/img]

All the usual problems with these scenarios aside thanks for the list.

Original material in this post may be employed for personal non-profit use with the origin noted. Any other use is subject to permission from the author. Contact me through the private message feature of this board.

Fund Rare Bard Rants - Donate your unused rants today!

Musings of an old Trader... (my CotI Travellog) updated - May 3 2012
Old July 12th, 2004, 01:02 PM
The Adminator

Gallery : 41
Andrew Boulton Citizen
http://maps.travellercentral.com/map.html

includes GDP for every charted sector (among other data).
Old July 12th, 2004, 01:22 PM

Hal Citizen+Hal Citizen+
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Boulton:
http://maps.travellercentral.com/map.html

includes GDP for every charted sector (among other data).
That is one sweet looking webpage

I noted that you used a Gross Domestic Product for the entirety of the Spinward Marches. By chance, what did you use to get that figure? You didn't by chance divide the total Sectorwide Product by the number of sapients did you? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old July 12th, 2004, 01:27 PM

Hal Citizen+Hal Citizen+
Quote:
Originally posted by far-trader:
Wouldn't you have to figure in the purchase and replacement of the capital investment (the fleet)? And all the training, basing, etc., etc.

If all I have to pay is the maintenance/operations costs then I'm off to get a new ride today [img]smile.gif[/img]

All the usual problems with these scenarios aside thanks for the list.
There is that issue. The problem is - and I'm inclined to go with Chris Thrash's explanation - that all of the various things such as basing costs, replacement costs of obsolete equipment, wages, retirement pensions, etc - are all covered under that 10%. Since I don't have access to his resources and the stuff he looked at, I'm inclined to go with his comments. Mind you, that if you LOSE any ships - you either have to raise your taxes to replace it quickly - or you need to wait for the 10 years it takes to save enough money from the maintenance costs you weren't paying for the destroyed ship - to buy the new one.
While I'm thinking about it - someone talked about purchasing ships via the standard "mortgage" routine given in Traveller. Somehow - I suspect that the shipyards will only deliver a ship after it has been fully paid for. I suspect that the reason for this is due to the fact that you can't get back your ship if the Government should happen to be late in payments or defaults on the "Loan" entirely. Just my thought on the matter. I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this regards to modern day shipyards. Would they do this?