Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old August 21st, 2002, 01:37 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
trader jim Citizen
Question

what kind of lecture do you give 150 imperial marines going on R&R after 6 months in combat, after a successful military operation??? - IN STAR TOWN!!! [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img] GNID [img]graemlins/file_21.gif[/img]
Old August 21st, 2002, 03:13 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Nearside Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Nearside
It's the lecture that the Startown police get that is probably more interesting

Seriously, they'd be told to play nice and play hard, with serious consequences for being naughty.

The Startown would be warned well in advance, I suspect. As soon as the ship entered the system, commanding officers would probably radio ahead to let authorities know what was coming...
Old August 21st, 2002, 03:18 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

trader jim Citizen
Wink

YES - a REAL STORM is on the way - with pockets full of MONEY!!!! [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img]
Old August 21st, 2002, 03:20 PM

Nearside Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Nearside
That would make for an interesting game, playing characters who are hired for short-term work by the local starcops to help police the place while the Marines are in town.

Imagine the game idea from the food thread that I suggested, except from the other side...

"You're being paid 500 credits for three days work.

Keep 150 Marines from wasting the place. They will be drunk, merry and often very very ill all over the place.

There's a 2am curfew. Good luck with enforcing that."
Old August 21st, 2002, 05:51 PM

Simon Jester Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Simon Jester
Quote:
Originally posted by trader jim:
what kind of lecture do you give 150 imperial marines going on R&R after 6 months in combat, after a successful military operation??? - IN STAR TOWN!!! [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img] GNID [img]graemlins/file_21.gif[/img]
"Have fun, don't kill anything, if you break it, stain it, shred it or get it pregnant, you've got to pay for it. Other than that, enjoy."

Simon Jester [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img]
Space Vikings? There ain\'t no space vikings here. Just us honest traders. The settlement was burning, the colonists were dead. They didn\'t need that technology anyway. That\'s our story and we\'re sticking to it.
Old August 21st, 2002, 08:09 PM

Rodina Citizen
I don't know if its true, but my grandfather used to tell a story that all the merchant marines on R&R during the Second World War (he worked in San Francisco during the war so he saw quite a few) were paid back pay -entirely- in $2 bills, so when a bar got broken up during the night, the barkeep would see all the $2 bills in his till and he wouldn't complain quite as much.
Old August 22nd, 2002, 12:14 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

vegascat Citizen
$2 bills, that was a smart idea.
The usuall briefing now is - don't drink and drive, don't get arrested, don't do anything to get put in the hospital, and if I get called to bail you out, remember, the sun is still going to come up even if you are looking at it through bars. It should still work then.

Casting the PCs as bar security? That could be fun. [img]graemlins/file_21.gif[/img]