Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old April 18th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Citizen: SOC-10

Gallery : 0
Kyle Aaron Citizen
Default Good scenario for a one-off

In my game group which meets weekly, every fourth session or so is an alternate, a session where we play something different, someone else GMs, we watch a movie or whatever. People outside the regular group come to these alternates, too. It's a good way of keeping the game group fresh and interested.

After Gygax died we had a Gygax Memorial session of AD&D1e, which was fun. So now we're thinking that the alternate could just be something retro. Call it Monthly Retro, or something. Now, running a one-off of AD&D1e was piss-easy, I just came up with a dungeon on the spot. But classic Traveller's not as easy.

So, what's a good scenario for a one-off? I have the funny-shaped reprint of LBB0-8.
Old April 18th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Noble

Gallery : 12
Visit far-trader's Blog
far-trader Citizen

This recent thread might have some that will work for you...

http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Dis...d.php?t=15402&

Original material in this post may be employed for personal non-profit use with the origin noted. Any other use is subject to permission from the author. Contact me through the private message feature of this board.

Fund Rare Bard Rants - Donate your unused rants today!

Musings of an old Trader... (my CotI Travellog) updated - May 3 2012
Old April 18th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 0
jrmapes Citizen
Send a message via ICQ to jrmapes Send a message via AIM to jrmapes Send a message via MSN to jrmapes Send a message via Yahoo to jrmapes

Definetly check out BERKA's site, The Zhodani Base and Free Lance Traveller site (Active Measures section).

If you have it in your collection or one of your friends do, I also highly recommend the Marischal Adventures, "Salvage Mission" by J. Andrew Keith.

You can usually wrap it up within a 4 to 6 hour period depending on how you run it. Same for BITS, "Cold Dark Grave." But I prefer to do CDG over at least two sessions - but it's not necessary.

Jerry

[URL="http://www.spinwardmain.net/"]The Spinward Main[/URL] My Traveller Website
[URL="http://knights-n-knaves.com"]
Knights & Knaves[/URL] - OD&D/AD&D/Traveller/Battletech/

[url=http://www.morningsun.net/obituaries/x1579125016/Jerry-R-Mapes]Obituary[/url]