Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > T20 - Traveller for the D20 System

T20 - Traveller for the D20 System Open discussion on the D20 version of Traveller!

Old September 26th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 8
Swiftbrook Citizen
Default Subscriptions available?

I recall that at one time you could order a "subscription" to the TA's, Epic Adventures, Golden Age Epic Adventures and Scenes of Adventures. I'm interested in purchasing a bundle and thought this would be a way to save a little $$. Are they still available? If so, a link?

Thanks!

-Swiftbrook
Old September 26th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Noble

Gallery : 12
Visit far-trader's Blog
far-trader Citizen

Hi Swiftbrook,

The short answer is yes (but wait), the long answer is...

...Dr Who is on so I'll have to get back to this in an hour

EDIT: Commercial break, just realized I should have said there is a subscription like option, not the way it used to be. Now it's a Moot membership that gets you a 10% (iirc) discount on all QLI orders. But as I said, wait a bit, there's complications and caveats mixed up in (ah there I go talking Celtic, it's a reference to tonight's Dr Who )

...later.

Original material in this post may be employed for personal non-profit use with the origin noted. Any other use is subject to permission from the author. Contact me through the private message feature of this board.

Fund Rare Bard Rants - Donate your unused rants today!

Musings of an old Trader... (my CotI Travellog) updated - May 3 2012

Last edited by far-trader; September 26th, 2008 at 11:19 PM..
Old September 27th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Noble

Gallery : 12
Visit far-trader's Blog
far-trader Citizen

Hey again

Now then, instead of the old subscription scheme that you may be recalling the way it's done now is a "Moot Subscription" (see the drop down "Moot Features" menu across the top of the page). You pick your level (makes no difference) and you get for 1 year:

Access to the Moot Spire (a relatively underused but sometimes interesting forum) with the occasional playtest files (though it's been a while). It'd be a more valuable feature if Hunter were more active (and some of us hold out hope he will be).

A bigger Private Message box (50 total messages) which may or may not matter to you.

And... hmm, the store does not seem to be working (EDIT: That may be a browser issue) So your main interest may be moot (sad pun intended). It used to be (iirc) a 10% discount on all items. So you'd have had to work out how much your savings would be to see if you'd be getting a bargain or if your membership would be more a donation in support of the site.

So, for now at least I'd say hold off on getting it unless you just want to make a donation. If you do, DO NOT pay for it with PayPal as that sets it up for automatic renewel. Use your credit card so it's a one shot deal.

I'd still have to advise holding off until Hunter gets things fixed around here.

In the meantime, if you want them, most if not all of the electronic media are available through DriveThruRPG

Hope that helps. Any more questions just fire away.

Original material in this post may be employed for personal non-profit use with the origin noted. Any other use is subject to permission from the author. Contact me through the private message feature of this board.

Fund Rare Bard Rants - Donate your unused rants today!

Musings of an old Trader... (my CotI Travellog) updated - May 3 2012

Last edited by far-trader; September 27th, 2008 at 04:04 AM..
Old September 27th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 8
Swiftbrook Citizen

Thanks.

That's too bad. I still may purchase a few but I'll be more conservative. I think the old deal was like pay for 4 get 5, pay for 8 get 11 ... but that's just what I recall. It set up a system like:

"hmmm, I'd like to buy A, B and C. If I just pay a little more, I could try out D and E as well."

I think it made more sales.

If the moot thing give you 10% off, I'd have to purchase $120 of books to break even. Too rich for my blood. Well, you knew that. I've waited this long to get serious about purchasing. But that's also because of the death of Living Greyhawk and D&D 3.5

-Swiftbrook