Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register


Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #401  
Old September 3rd, 2013, 06:29 PM
Fritz_Brown's Avatar
Fritz_Brown Fritz_Brown is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,032
Gallery : 1
Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Pretty sure we went trhough this also when y'all first came out of Jump....

But we have already used in the story, and I am not going to retcon,
No, no, no. You are quite right. I was thinking abstractly when I wrote that. No worries.
__________________
1836! Come and take it!
IMTU tc++ ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au pi+ he+ t5(LBB0020)+ and tp++ (that's Proto-Traveller!)
My CotI blog!
  #402  
Old September 3rd, 2013, 06:39 PM
sabredog sabredog is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland
Posts: 2,699
Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+
Default

Angry locals with shotguns led by a guy in battle dress and a poncho.
__________________
"I may have been grown in a vat, but I wasn't decanted yesterday."

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
  #403  
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:15 AM
SpaceBadger's Avatar
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Missouri, USA
Posts: 3,585
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Can anyone tell me Devonia's current defense policy (not official, but pretty well known to all residents) and current defensive fleet? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelvss View Post
Two Gazelles and something else? A Partridge? A Pear Tree?
One point to Sam for the "current defensive fleet". The defense policy is clearly stated in two separate documents, both featuring world data about Devonia (that is the world your characters are currently visiting, in case anyone was wondering ).
__________________
--
Q: What do you get when you vaporize a Duke, a Count, a Marquis, and a Baron?
A: Helium, Neon, Argon, Krypton, Xenon, and Radon


Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
  #404  
Old September 4th, 2013, 07:52 AM
DaveChase's Avatar
DaveChase DaveChase is offline
Absent Friend
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: North Central Kansas
Posts: 2,349
Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
[OOC: So you're assuming Doc is not going to get shot in a bar fight? How about we just leave it as Doc had a nice discussion w the two cops, then either did or didn't go home with the waitress, and now he is getting up as you stated above. I'm not real comfortable assuming that "prior time" will have no effect on "present time".]
Sounds good to me. Like I said, we can move the group along and have Doc having a good time just being social.

Doc is not an over night pick up and leave them kind of guy. If they are going to be in port for a week or so, he has no problem taking a day or two playing along before 'having a good time' with the opposite sex.

Do not feel as if Doc (me the player) has to have his equal time in the game world. I am not the center of the group nor the leader (ie PC or as player).

Things happen and though the world is moving quickly right now, I do not want to disrupt the flow. Later we may reach a slow point (in posting frequency) and we can play along later.
__________________
'We have no choice about the world we are born into.
We only have a choice of the world we leave behind when we die.' Capt J.T. Kirk
  #405  
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:01 PM
sabredog sabredog is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland
Posts: 2,699
Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+
Default

You can always split off and run your character on a tangent to anyone else.....I only interrupted to makes sure, briefly, the other tasks were being completed as planned in case Badger needed some character input or rolls. I didn't mean to stop Doc's action.
__________________
"I may have been grown in a vat, but I wasn't decanted yesterday."

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
  #406  
Old September 4th, 2013, 01:11 PM
DaveChase's Avatar
DaveChase DaveChase is offline
Absent Friend
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: North Central Kansas
Posts: 2,349
Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
You can always split off and run your character on a tangent to anyone else.....I only interrupted to makes sure, briefly, the other tasks were being completed as planned in case Badger needed some character input or rolls. I didn't mean to stop Doc's action.
in a silly child like voice:

snickering, he said action, stopping Doc from getting any action.

LOL

__________________
'We have no choice about the world we are born into.
We only have a choice of the world we leave behind when we die.' Capt J.T. Kirk
  #407  
Old September 4th, 2013, 01:25 PM
sabredog sabredog is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland
Posts: 2,699
Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+
Default

Yeah...yeah....next time we want video.
__________________
"I may have been grown in a vat, but I wasn't decanted yesterday."

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
  #408  
Old September 4th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Fritz_Brown's Avatar
Fritz_Brown Fritz_Brown is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,032
Gallery : 1
Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default

I think it might be a good idea for SB to post a "no action past this line" every so often - just to keep the herd together.

EDIT: Oh, and I could post video. But SB asked us to keep it PG..........
__________________
1836! Come and take it!
IMTU tc++ ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au pi+ he+ t5(LBB0020)+ and tp++ (that's Proto-Traveller!)
My CotI blog!
  #409  
Old September 4th, 2013, 07:50 PM
SpaceBadger's Avatar
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Missouri, USA
Posts: 3,585
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
Sounds good to me. Like I said, we can move the group along and have Doc having a good time just being social.
I'm trying to remember if I had any specific rumors or ideas I wanted to pass along to Doc from this encounter. I guess the main thing is Doc got in some bonding time and made friends with a couple of local cops.

Dennis Blaser is a Devonia native, had a term in the militia (National Guard sort of thing that Devonia has instead of full-time Army), then went into police and worked his way up to Sergeant. Enjoys the customs work, meeting lots of new people from strange places all the time. Recently re-married, has teenage step-son and step-daughter who act out a lot, but loves his new wife.

Ahmed Lassiter is a more recent immigrant to Devonia after three terms in Imperial Realm Navy, got into Criminal Investigations Division early, spent a lot of time working serious crimes involving Navy personnel as accused or victims, enjoyed working w Marines in MP role, not so fond of Navy JAG types as prosecutors and defenders. Took early retirement when Navy was offering RIF bonuses, emigrated to Devonia on whim at suggestion of some friend. Got into DCPD (they were ecstatic to get someone w his experience) and was immediately assigned to serious crimes investigations, which he loves doing. No family anywhere within about fifteen parsecs.
__________________
--
Q: What do you get when you vaporize a Duke, a Count, a Marquis, and a Baron?
A: Helium, Neon, Argon, Krypton, Xenon, and Radon


Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
  #410  
Old September 4th, 2013, 08:28 PM
DaveChase's Avatar
DaveChase DaveChase is offline
Absent Friend
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: North Central Kansas
Posts: 2,349
Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
I'm trying to remember if I had any specific rumors or ideas I wanted to pass along to Doc from this encounter. I guess the main thing is Doc got in some bonding time and made friends with a couple of local cops.

Dennis Blaser is a Devonia native, had a term in the militia (National Guard sort of thing that Devonia has instead of full-time Army), then went into police and worked his way up to Sergeant. Enjoys the customs work, meeting lots of new people from strange places all the time. Recently re-married, has teenage step-son and step-daughter who act out a lot, but loves his new wife.

Ahmed Lassiter is a more recent immigrant to Devonia after three terms in Imperial Realm Navy, got into Criminal Investigations Division early, spent a lot of time working serious crimes involving Navy personnel as accused or victims, enjoyed working w Marines in MP role, not so fond of Navy JAG types as prosecutors and defenders. Took early retirement when Navy was offering RIF bonuses, emigrated to Devonia on whim at suggestion of some friend. Got into DCPD (they were ecstatic to get someone w his experience) and was immediately assigned to serious crimes investigations, which he loves doing. No family anywhere within about fifteen parsecs.
Good information and possibly the some of the ship's crew can join Doc for a second round of local friendliness.
__________________
'We have no choice about the world we are born into.
We only have a choice of the world we leave behind when we die.' Capt J.T. Kirk
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SBRD] IC Game: Chapter 01 (Devonia) SpaceBadger Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 968 October 12th, 2013 11:31 PM
[SBRD] Prep: Characters SpaceBadger Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 73 October 6th, 2013 12:09 PM
[SBRD] IC Game: Chapter 00 (Doc's hiring) DaveChase Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 66 August 23rd, 2013 08:38 AM
[SBRD] Prep: setting discussion SpaceBadger Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 189 August 10th, 2013 05:27 PM
Off Topicerson Discussion Dragoner Mongoose Traveller 3 October 9th, 2012 05:47 PM

This website and its contents are copyright ©2010- Far Future Enterprises. All rights reserved. Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises .
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Far Future Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.