View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
Another thought that occurs to me is how does someone actually steal this stuff? I mean, we just had a long discussion about needing special equipment and procedures to load these small, but ultra heavy containers into a RORO starship. Four guys are not going to drive up and throw a 20 ton brick into a pickup and drive off. So how could someone steal it?
Aye, there's the rub.

Quote:
Beyond that, this is a goldmine. They ALWAYS have precious cargo here and they live with the threat (and probably reality) of attempts to 'rob Fort Knox' all of the time ... when they mine, when they store it, when they load it for transport, when it is being transported. They probably have some experience that might be worth listening to for advice.

Quote:
It seems to me that hijacking a starship full of 'treasure' is probably the low hanging fruit for any criminal endeavor. We need to focus on CCC for the ship. That seems the best way to steal a fortune in 20 ton bricks and run off with it.
Good points; what is CCC?

Quote:
Just some thoughts.
Good ones.

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night