View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
PBI Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Bhoins:
THis was passed to me and I appologize if it isn''t quoted exactly right but it is the transmissions from a real incident on the West Coast in the US.

Unknown vessel off my starboard bow this is US Navy warship Yankee Bravo, I suggest you adjust your heading 15 degrees to port to avoid collision.

Yankee Bravo, negative, I suggest you adjust your course 15 degrees to starboard to avoid collision.

Unknown vessel this is Yankee Bravo, I am a large US warship and suggest that you adjust your heading immediately 15 degrees to port to avoid collision.

Yankee Bravo, Negative, I suggest you adjust your heading 15 degrees to starboard to avoid collision.

This is the USS Enterprise! I suggest you adjust your heading immediately to avoid collision.

This is the Harbour light house, your call Enterprise.
It was actually on the East Coast, and was directed at a Canadian lighthouse. I watched a lecture about accepting changes in approaches to traditional ways of thinking and the above was related by the Commandant of the Marine Corps, and he was reading from a transcript, he said. In His, slightly longer version, the US aircraft carrier actualy threatened to attack the "unknown ship".