View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2021, 12:03 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
whartung Citizen+whartung Citizen+whartung Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by infojunky View Post
Actually am working on it. Right now its bits and pieces.

The base is Book2 turns, with Mayday movement and simplified computer rules. Damage table right now is Book2 without a critical hit entry.

Drive hits I am still figuring out, well drives in general. I am big fan of small fast ships vs lumbering battle wagons.

The weapons are as described before in this thread.
Mayday does have a paragraph or so mentioning High Guard. It's mostly to convert the hex distances in to long and short range.

What it doesn't discuss is things like battery mechanics for missile launchers and such, notably for missile bays. But those can be sussed out. Using simple curve fitting, I get:

Factor Missiles
7 42 (14 triple turrets)
8 57 (19 triple turrets)
9 72 (24 triple turrets)

this doesn't account for the TL boost in High Guard, just raw extrapolation of the missile table.

This is the math that Wolfram came up with:

# of missiles = 1.10714 * factor^2 - 2.15 * factor + 2.4

Feel free to maneuver 72 missiles in your games (I'd just use a single counter with OWIE! printed on it).

It also doesn't really reconcile 30 lasers shooting down 70 missiles in defensive fire.

But, it's good to have "data" to play with. Just one of the challenges of integrating the two.

Obviously the Mayday idea is to use HG combat resolution with actual maneuver ranges, uplifting a Book 2 ship to HG stats to suit combat, vs trying to lever an HG Bay or spinal into a detailed tactical game like Mayday.