Old August 15th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
I stand corrected.
The computer is TL 10 and it was just the Jump 2 that was traditionally TL 11.
"Traditional" under HG only. There are no TL restrictions in LBB2 except to the computers, and LBB3 says drive H and lower are TL 10. Since in LBB2 drives are all or nothing affairs that depend only on the mass of the hull they are installed in for limiting performance you can have a high jump capability at even TL 10.

It'd be like sticking a Wright/Cyclone 1820 radial engine from a B-17 on a dual engine airframe (like maybe a Grumman Goose) and ending up with a really fast plane. Same TL, just different results from different applications.

Now naturally this would cause some problems and probably tear apart the airframe, or at least make the plane really hard to handle and effectively unsafe to fly - kind of like the GeeBee type designs with monstrous engines and tiny airframes, and like those designs, only a really good pilot could handle them. In the game this can be modeled by things like Pilot and Engineering skills and rolls required at high levels maybe. But that's up to the ref if he/she wants to go that far into details.

Me, I just decide which rules I'm going to use and stick within those parameters. SpaceBadger says we are using LBB2 so I used LBB2 and LBB3 to check for TL limits. The TL for this ship is 10 according to those rules.

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+