Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Play by Post - OOC (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   imperial scout rescue service (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=40181)

ManOfGrey July 23rd, 2019 11:50 AM

Hope you're feeling better, Man!

Hope you're back on your feet!

Also, just curious, if our ship's airlock is 1.5m x 1.5m, and so is the Back at 'Cha's, how many people in hazardous environment suits can fit into each air lock at a time?

vegas July 24th, 2019 12:40 AM

@all,

Sorry for my delay. Too wrecked to post tonight. I'll try to write tomorrow.

@fly,

Ishi wants a primary and backup communication means for the team, especially if he should choose to use the jammer to drop wireless comms in the Agzlu.

I imagine primary is just our suit radios.

I imagine the secondary would be our suit radios, bandhopping in a predetermined sequence at high rate of speed, the sequence synced across all team radios and with the jammer to avoid noise in those frequncies when in use. This secondary assumes the only person jamming is Ishi, of course. It is useless against other sources of interference.

You allow it?

vegas July 24th, 2019 12:43 PM

TL11 snub pistol w/ tranq, gas, & HEAP ammo 338g (source: RAW)
pocket knife - 125 g (source: guess)
grav belt - 10 kg (source: RAW)
electronics tool kit - 5 kg (source: RAW)
computer spares kit - 2 kg (source: guess)
first aid kit - 1 kg (source: guess)
computer workpad, ruggedized - 1 kg (source: guess)
personal communicator - 100 kg (source: RAW)
short range radio jammer - 200g (source: RAW)

Total mass carried (excludes hazard suit per RAW includes grav belt per Fly):
19.8 kg

flykiller July 24th, 2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

you allow it?
I draw a distinction between "electronics" and "communications". you have some really neat stuff and a basic understanding of how it works and how to use it in normal circumstances, but don't expect to get too fancy.

ManOfGrey July 24th, 2019 09:13 PM

Not how I was hoping things would go down...

Are there any more snub pistols available?

flykiller July 25th, 2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

snub pistols
iirc Space Badger specified that there are two, so I believe one remains for you if you wish.

ManOfGrey July 25th, 2019 03:38 PM

Last resort.

Jaxon will grab the last remaining snub pistol, and attach its holster to the outside of his hazardous environmental suit. AP rounds are fine.

Like Artemus Gordon in the movie, Jaxon believes having to use a firearm against a person is nothing short of a failure on his part.

But last resorts do happen.

flykiller July 25th, 2019 03:49 PM

what is "ap" here - armor piercing or anti-personnel?

ManOfGrey July 25th, 2019 10:17 PM

Oops... my bad...

My mistake. I thought I remembered that snub pistol ammo had armor piercing rounds. But I pulled out my old books, and it's actually high explosive, and/or high explosive, armor piercing rounds. Great... :nonono:

I'm not a big fan of high explosive rounds in the confines of a starship. Do they just have regular bullets? :oo:

Shadow Shack July 26th, 2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManOfGrey (Post 604730)
Do they just have regular bullets? :oo:

Yep, those get chambered into what we affectionately know as the Book-1 "revolver". :p