Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Traveller 5 > Traveller 5 > Pre-Release Discussion

Pre-Release Discussion Archive of the pre-release T5 Public

Old December 2nd, 2004, 11:13 AM
Marquis

Gallery : 9
Visit robject's Blog
robject has disabled reputation
Yeah, I wish there were new material available to chatter about. One thing I was thinking of came from the two-page "T5 Character Overview" which mentioned the alien race creation system. The teaser prompted me to go back to Traveller's animal generation system and try to figure out how it might be modified to create an alien race.

* Narrow down the ecological niche some
* Determine general physical characteristics
* Add special skills and social organization
* Determine size
* Figure out the six characteristics used and their magnitudes
* Figure out the aging rules
Tools Link
Old December 2nd, 2004, 04:25 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 0
SType Citizen
I'm guessing no serious movement on T5 until the reprints are complete. When does that happen?
Old December 2nd, 2004, 04:54 PM
Ancient - Absent Friend

Gallery : 18
Visit hunter's Blog
hunter Citizen
Marc is still working on T5, aliens as a matter of fact. As far as when it will be released, I wouldn't expect to see it until there aren't as many verions of the game already in print.

Hunter
[b]Current Projects[/b][LIST][*][url=http://www.scifigaming.com]SciFi Gaming[/url][*][url=http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?cPath=129_7888]The SciFi20 Project[/url][*][url=http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=96742]The SciFi20 Rules Bundle[/url] [COLOR="red"][SIZE="1"][b]New![/b][/SIZE][/COLOR][*][url=http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=96744]The SciFi20 Rules Bundle w/Screen[/url] [COLOR="red"][SIZE="1"][b]New![/b][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
Old December 5th, 2004, 05:36 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Commander Drax Citizen
In which case, it's never going to be released, all I can see in the traveller future are even more versions of traveller coming out, not less...

Pull your finger out marc!
Old December 5th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Malenfant

Gallery :
Would anyone really buy it anyway? I mean, there can't be THAT many people who are interested in YAVOT (Yet Another Version Of Traveller), especially after six different versions have been released for them to pick from.
Old December 5th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
Well, if I could force myself to buy GURPS Traveller, I'll definitely be buying T5 when it arrives
Old December 5th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 5
Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout AwesomeSpinward Scout Awesome
I'd buy it just to have the mainbook of each version and just to see what it says.

Scout
Old December 6th, 2004, 05:16 PM

Visit Gruffty's Blog
Gruffty Citizen
I'd buy it just to see if it is as badly put together as T4 [img]graemlins/file_28.gif[/img] ...
Old December 8th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Commander Drax Citizen
Well, as I understand it, its more of an evolution of T4 than anything else and as such should be readily usable with other game versions such as Classic Traveller & MegaTraveller as the skills system is more or less identical to those prior versions, character generation is also complimentary... Needless to say it will be of limited use to fans of T20/Gurps/TNE etc.

I personally wish that there was just one traveller rule set out there(i dont care which one) so that all supplements from all milieus would be of maximum use to all of us Traveller Gamers.

Instead I just convert what I can.
Old December 8th, 2004, 01:43 PM

Visit Flynn's Blog
Flynn Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Flynn
For myself, I'll buy T5 to support Traveller, but if it uses the same task system as T4 or what I've seen on the net, I'm not interested in the game mechanics. (In my heart, I'm a diehard MT fan, even though I get tons more play out of T20).

I really hope that, with the advent of TNE 1248, Marc will push the game's history forward and explore a period of time several centuries after the rise of the Fourth Imperium, etc. Smaller polities, stable background, rich history, fresh future...

All that for just two creds,
Flynn