Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old July 12th, 2018, 08:33 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
Bob Weaver Citizen
Default Damage Control house rule

Under Bk2 rules, the larger starships (1000+ dtn) always have a lot of extra space - there's only so many drives you can fit in.
How would it affect space combat if we included the following:

If a ship has aboard twice the required compliment of dedicated Engineering crew, the ship may make two damage control/repair rolls per combat turn, at the usual difficulty of 9+, with skill serving as a positive DM.

That would be an advantage for larger ships when engaging smaller ones, for a start. But 9+ is only 28% success, and throwing twice has only an 8% chance of both succeeding. That's far from guaranteed.

This idea just came to me this morning, and before I incorporate it into my body of house rules, I should get some other perspectives.

Best regards,
Bob W.

"As he has ever judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear, nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house." Aragon son of Arathorn, Isildur's heir of Gondor.

My Traveller blog
Ancient Faith in the Far Future
Knight of the order of St Ignatius of Antioch

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.