Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Random Static

Random Static This is the forum to post in if you want to discuss non-Traveller related topics. Off-topic subjects found in other forums will usually be moved here if appropriate.

Old February 10th, 2018, 12:49 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizen
Default Movie Sword Fights

I was browsing on YouTube and came across something on the 10 Best Movie Sword Fights. The fantastic sword fight between Inigo and Westley is in there, but what bugged me is that none of the epic fights of Errol Flynn were in it. There were three fights in Captain Blood, The Adventures of Robin Hood, and The Sea Hawk that make a few of the ones they chose sick. In the final fight in The Sea Hawk, part of the time all you see is the shadows of the fighters on the wall, not even the fighters themselves, which creates a terrific effect.

Just about the earliest movie fight that they mention is the Princess Bride one, but without those fantastic Errol Flynn fights, that would not be that special.

Disclaimer: I am not old enough to have seen the three Errol Flynn movies in the theater when they first came out. I do have all of them on DVD however.

I will not mention the top sword fight, as that would spoil things. However, I would put all three of Flynn's and the Princess Bride fight ahead of it.
Do you have a security clearance? New Blog Post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

Nail to the mast her holy flag,
Set every threadbare sail,
And give her to the god of storms,
The lightning and the gale!

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.