Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > MegaTraveller

MegaTraveller Discuss of the MegaTraveller ruleset and the Rebellion Milieu

Old October 19th, 2017, 07:52 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 27
Visit Major B's Blog
Major B Citizen
Default MT Tac Missiles plus some other Weapon fixes

Since Harry Bryan is planning to publish a new version of MT with all errata incorporated into the text, I offered to dig up some previous work on MT missiles. He is on a tight timeline so I thought I could start this thread to generate input, spot check my work, and help contribute to the final product.

I just found to most recent file with my work, last saved Sep 21, 2010. All the more reason to ask for help to jog my memory to get this done.

Here is a link to a file in the file library since I can't attach it myself. It is the most recent (7 year old) version of what I was working on during my last deployment. (I will update and include the link when I upload the file)

If you download the file you'll see 5 tabs.

The first two are expanded and corrected table for mortars and mortar ammunition. The entries in black are what was published in MT. Red text are corrections that I assume were an imperfect port from Striker. Blue text is expanded by extrapolation of the corrected data and the tables in Striker.

Tabs 3 and 4 are expanded and corrected howitzer tables using the same coloring conventions described above. The ammunition table is incomplete.

Tab 5 is a worksheet I created to generate missiles. To use it, start at line one. Click once on the grey box. Now click on the down arrow to see a drop menu. Select what you one and then move down the sheet in a similar fashion. If any of the dark grey boxes change from green to red text, you have violated a rule parameter and need to amend your previous drop-down choice.

My questions to start feedback are:
1. Should we include the updated mortar and howitzer tables in the next update or is it too much detail?
2. Should I do a corrected gun table too?
3. Is the missile system generator working and will the outputs port into MT directly?

Captain Kaff Tagon: “Where’s your sense of adventure?”
Captain Kevyn Andreyasn: “It died under mysterious circumstances. My sense of self-preservation found the body, but assures me it has an airtight alibi.”
-- Schlock Mercenary, 22 July 2005.

Last edited by Major B; October 19th, 2017 at 08:36 PM..

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.