Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > MegaTraveller

MegaTraveller Discuss of the MegaTraveller ruleset and the Rebellion Milieu

Old October 7th, 2017, 10:21 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
ShawnDriscoll Citizen
Default Population Multiplier?

I was told about how the GEnie file format uses a PBG column. So I had to look up what that was, and traced it to MegaTraveller's worldgen. I ended up writing some code the other morning to handle the generation of P B and G data, by reading the chart. The chart didn't explain what the Population Multiplier was used for. It's just something that exists. I didn't read through the rules to see when that field is used (or my search didn't find anything about it other than the use in the worldgen chart).

Is it something to help define more accurate population numbers? Instead of a range from 1, 000 to 9,999, the multiplier can do a 4x or a 8x for that range and get a 4,000 or an 8,000 amount?

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.