Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Imperial Interstellar Scout Service

Imperial Interstellar Scout Service Details of the worlds of the Imperium (and beyond).

Old October 6th, 2017, 07:00 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
sudnadja Citizen
Default Population of the Imperium

I'm trying to sanity check my import of the TravellerMap datasets, and I'm curious what the canonical population of the imperium is. I got a total of 13 trillion 120 billion 378 million 976 thousand 264 in 8750 populated Imperial systems.

I counted systems with an allegiance starting with "Im" and used the algorithm of 10^(uwp population) * (ru factor, if it exists, 1 if it doesn't, and 0 is counted as 1).

According to that algorithm a population code of 0 results in a single person (10^0 = 1), and I'm not sure if that's correct, but that won't make much of a difference in population.

The curious thing is that there are only 8750 populated systems, isn't the Imperium supposed to be an 11,000 world empire?

I'm still early on in this and it's possible there was some problem with the import and merge - but just so I know what I should be looking for, what is the population of the Imperium?

The distribution looks mostly random:

The median population of a populated world in the Imperium is 200,000. There's plenty of room available, if I were to guess. I'll have to do the land area available per population next.

Given that, it seems like for the majority of worlds there's probably a single or perhaps two smallish cities, and most of the land area is unused?

Last edited by sudnadja; October 6th, 2017 at 07:20 PM..

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.