Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Adventurers

Adventurers Tell us your Traveller character stats, skills, and details.

Old September 9th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Citizen: SOC-6

Gallery : 0
joshualevy Citizen
Default Ratio of terms to skills in Traveller characters.

I'm working on an NPC / Patron for a Traveller scenario that I hope to publish. I wanted to make sure this NPC was not wildly overpowered or underpowered for other people's Traveller Universes. My understanding of Traveller character generation (based on 3LBBs and Cepheus Engine) is that a mature character is likely to have between 1 and 2 skills per term; maybe 2.5 max. (Depending on how much money, stuff and attribute enhansements the character got.)

But when I look at actual characters (for example, "Up Close and Personal" in Freelance Traveller), I see that the actual ratio goes from about 1 to 5. So there are some characters that have 7 terms but about 28 skills in total. I was specifically ignoring characters from GURPS and T20 rules.

Am I missing something? What is the average ratio from terms to skills for the NPCs in your world? Are some Traveller Universes just "overpowered" when it comes to skills per term?

Joshua Levy

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.