Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old October 1st, 2017, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Gallery : 5
Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout has disabled reputation
Default Post your MgT2 errata

Hey Everybody,

I thought we could start a thread for Mongoose Traveller version 2 errata. I've found a couple of things.

pg. 145
last paragraph says:
Quote:
Encounters in bold cannot be ignored
But when you turn to the next page (pg. 146), there are no Encounters in bold on the Space Encounters table.

pg. 147
The Asteroid Mining table has Uncommon Ore in the the most common spot on the table - a roll of 7. I'd switch it with the 3-4 roll (2D x 20 tons of Common Ore). That way, Common Ore is more common.

Go ahead and post what you find.
Old October 6th, 2017, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

Gallery : 5
Visit Spinward Scout's Blog
Spinward Scout has disabled reputation

This one is a little bit 'personal opinion' since I sent Matt the power to begin with.

I think the Psionic ability 'Mink Link' (which I called 'Mind Speak' when I sent it) should only be one Task Difficulty less that 'Send Thoughts' - Average (+8). It's easier, but it shouldn't be THAT easy.

I also sent them 'Suggestion'. They rewrote them a bit to make them more usable in the game, but it's really cool to see stuff I've worked on show up in a book.
Old October 29th, 2017, 07:06 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
nats Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinward Scout View Post
Hey Everybody,

I thought we could start a thread for Mongoose Traveller version 2 errata. I've found a couple of things.

pg. 145
last paragraph says:

But when you turn to the next page (pg. 146), there are no Encounters in bold on the Space Encounters table.
IMO the items that are meant to be bold (Ive put an asterisk against them in my book) are items 2, 11, 16, 21, 23, 24, 36, 42, 51, 56, 61, 71, 75, 86, 93 and you could feasibly also add items 63, 95 and 96 to those depending on your ship size and mission.

Overall there is very little errata in this book and I am very happy to see Mongoose producing stuff of this quality.