Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Sylean Academy of Art and Design

Sylean Academy of Art and Design Computer graphics, physical models, and other artistic projects

Old April 14th, 2017, 07:05 PM
Citizen: SOC-10

Gallery : 0
Ex_Pendable Citizen
Default Two-Person Quarters

Very basic quarters, incredibly roomy, suitable for officers on ships with artificial gravity. I could easily double-up making both of these as bunk beds.

The beds contain three large drawers, and have a small shelf mounted on the wall for personal effects. Overhead light has a small built-in intercom for inter-ship communication.

Each room occupant has a secretary chest unit with several drawers and drop leaf desk, and a small wardrobe cabinet to hang clothes with a bottom shoe drawer. Each drawer and locker door can be set up with key, combination, or bio-metric lock.

Room has a pocket door to access the main passageway, wall panel allows door to be secured on the inside as well as adjusting the room environment.
Old April 14th, 2017, 07:16 PM

Ex_Pendable Citizen

I should mention that overhead lights are outfitted with shock-absorbing fittings and that this was created in Sketchup and rendered using Kerkythea.
Old April 14th, 2017, 08:46 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Supplement Four Citizen+Supplement Four Citizen+Supplement Four Citizen+

They do look roomy. Too roomy for a ship. They'd be more believable for me if they represented dirtside quarters.

On a ship, space is at a premium. I'd put more stuff on the walls. Raise the cabinets to the ceiling. Have a sink that folds up on the wall. Maybe a table that folds down. Storage under the beds.

That'll make it all look tighter--more like what my perception of a ship would be.
Old April 14th, 2017, 09:16 PM

Ex_Pendable Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplement Four View Post
They do look roomy. Too roomy for a ship. They'd be more believable for me if they represented dirtside quarters.

On a ship, space is at a premium. I'd put more stuff on the walls. Raise the cabinets to the ceiling. Have a sink that folds up on the wall. Maybe a table that folds down. Storage under the beds.

That'll make it all look tighter--more like what my perception of a ship would be.
Agreed, this is an incredibly extravagant volume to be lavishing out aboard a ship, but it was what the GM wanted for his game. I could easily fit a few microcabins into the same space or several capsule berths.
Old April 14th, 2017, 10:26 PM

Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

As in most such art, I miss the handholds in the walls that are told in several places in Traveller to be omnipresent (or nearly so) to help in Zero-G...

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old April 15th, 2017, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPerth View Post
As in most such art, I miss the handholds in the walls that are told in several places in Traveller to be omnipresent (or nearly so) to help in Zero-G...
That's a good point, and it's something I was trying to say with the folding sink and stuff. The pic needs...space ship "stuff".

I think the walls should be cluttered. Access panels. Emergency O2 tank and mask. Survival Bubble or Vacc Suit (that is easy to access--maybe something that you can step into.

I've always liked the interior of the Nostromo and the Narcissus from the movie Alien. That's what I have in mind when I think of Traveller interiors.

Is there a fresher access in the room? Or is there a community fresher?

This Pic shows a claustrophobic sleeping space. Lots of "things" on the walls--every bit of space is used for something.
Old April 17th, 2017, 07:24 PM

Ex_Pendable Citizen

Quote:
That's a good point, and it's something I was trying to say with the folding sink and stuff. The pic needs...space ship "stuff".

I think the walls should be cluttered. Access panels. Emergency O2 tank and mask. Survival Bubble or Vacc Suit (that is easy to access--maybe something that you can step into.

I've always liked the interior of the Nostromo and the Narcissus from the movie Alien. That's what I have in mind when I think of Traveller interiors.
This Pic shows a claustrophobic sleeping space. Lots of "things" on the walls--every bit of space is used for something.
Built-ins sometimes waste a lot of space too, which is why I went with mounting cabinets on the deck and walls, but I appreciate the visual. I'll have to play around with it more to get the lived-in effect. Hand rails are an easy addition.

Quote:
Is there a fresher access in the room? Or is there a community fresher?
Community - you waste a lot of volume by installing freshers in every individual crew quarters. Generally the only quarters that get their own private freshers are Captain and Passenger.
Old April 17th, 2017, 09:03 PM

Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

Ever seen the pic for a shared crew stateroom in MT:SOM Óge 38 or individual passenger stateroom in page 43?

This one seems a mix among them...

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old April 17th, 2017, 09:47 PM

kilemall Citizen++kilemall Citizen++kilemall Citizen++kilemall Citizen++kilemall Citizen++kilemall Citizen++

Might look at Pullman staterooms. They often supported two, with 'common areas', although oriented more to 3-day rather then 7-day trips.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pull...aterooms+train
Old April 17th, 2017, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilemall View Post
Might look at Pullman staterooms. They often supported two, with 'common areas', although oriented more to 3-day rather then 7-day trips.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pull...aterooms+train
Good idea. Or, type in "small yacht bedroom," and although it's not far futuristic, it can give you a good idea of spacing.

Small Yacht Bedroom