Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Play by Post - OOC

Play by Post - OOC For Out of Character (OOC) discussion of the in-character threads.

Old March 5th, 2016, 01:33 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 100
flykiller Citizen+flykiller Citizen+flykiller Citizen+
Default in-system game 02 - debrief

I'd like to start of with a discussion of the game events themselves. we can get to the game operations, then the game rules, later.

I certainly learned a lot from this. three observations:

1) I don't think the green scouts contributed much to the military results. after they played their role of illuminating the attackers they had no further function, and the illumination could have been provided by combatants just as easily, especially given the primary strategy of defending farrell with nearly fixed forces.

2) the green monitors' m1 rating limited their ability to respond to maneuver by red. they obviously were meant to defend farrell and nothing else, a perfectly reasonable approach, but this left red free to dance around the rest of the system. in addition the three green secondary ships were severely limited in their ability to respond to attacks by their s3 ratings.

3) red piling most of his attack into one ship makes for a powerful unitary attack, except the s9 sensor limitation reduced the utility of this approach. I think having two main attack ships might have worked out better, allowing more flexibility within the s9 range.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.