Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Imperial Interstellar Scout Service

Imperial Interstellar Scout Service Details of the worlds of the Imperium (and beyond).

Old September 20th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 5
Garnfellow Citizen+Garnfellow Citizen+
Default Aldebaran Revisited

I’ve developed regenerated sector data for Aldebaran, which Joshua Bell has been kind enough to host on Traveller Map. The old dataset was from Jo Grant's CORE data and unattributed. That dataset did several things right – it got the canonical names of subsectors A-D, and the stellar positions largely match up with the canonical dotmap, but otherwise I felt that the sector data didn’t reflect the few pieces of canonical data that were available on Aldebaran. And of course, it didn't have the many new T5 data fields.

Jon Zeigler evidently worked up an alternative dataset for an abandoned GURPS Traveller: Grand Frontiers supplement, which was to have covered Aldebaran. I contacted Jon a few weeks ago to see if he was interested in reviving that work, but it appears that his draft materials have all been lost. So I decided to roll up my sleeves and take a shot myself.

My goals for regenerating the Aldebaran sector data were to (1) reconcile the available canonical and semi-canonical sources about the sector, and (2) produce “new” sector data in the T5SS format using the T5 system generation rules.

Last edited by Garnfellow; September 21st, 2015 at 07:57 AM..

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.