Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Administration > TAS News Feed

TAS News Feed Traveller related news and information. Anyone may post new Traveller related news, but all new threads are moderated for approval before being displayed.

Old August 9th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 0
Ken Whitman Citizen
Default Beowulf, Scout, and Gazelle 16cm resin ship are now shipping from d20

We are shipping out Beowulf. Scout, and Gazelle ships this week - WOO HOO! If you want to get some unpainted 16cm resin models. Here is your chance!

http://d20entertainment.com/spinward...aveller-store/

Old August 23rd, 2015, 05:47 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Ken Whitman Citizen
Default RESIN MODLES & REPLACEMENTS

REPLACEMENT BEOWOLF: I don't want anyone to fall through the cracks. If you have a damaged BEOWOLF and need a replacement. Please email me at kenwhitman@kenwhitman.com IT WILL ship this coming week! I and sending email conformations!
If you ordered any other resin ships, They will ship this week also!
If you would like a ship, check it out at

http://d20entertainment.com/spinward...aveller-store/
Old September 12th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Mako Citizen

Hi Ken,

Good to see the ships are in, and shipping.

I've just sent you an e-mail inquiry about the status on my three vessel, unpainted set order, via e-mail, at the address you've provided.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon about them.

Sincerely,

Rob
Old September 27th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Citizen: SOC-4

crimson servant Citizen
Default shipping

Hi Ken!
Can you tell me when you will ship the ship models to me, please?
Thanks
Lorenzo Gionet
Old October 1st, 2015, 10:36 PM

Mako Citizen

Ken,

I'd like to know about my order as well, since it's been 3.5 months since I sent a payment to you, because the resin spaceship miniatures were advertised as "shipping" on the D20 website, and I still haven't received them yet, nor an ETA for when that will be done.

Payment was issued to you on June 16th, for the three-vessel, unpainted resin ship set.

Also, for some reason, you seem to be ignoring my numerous e-mail inquiries about these too, which is why I am having to resort to inquiring about the order status here.

Sincerely,

R. Kent
Old October 4th, 2015, 01:36 AM
Citizen: SOC-8

vargr1 Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Ken,

I'd like to know about my order as well, since it's been 3.5 months since I sent a payment to you, because the resin spaceship miniatures were advertised as "shipping" on the D20 website, and I still haven't received them yet, nor an ETA for when that will be done.

Payment was issued to you on June 16th, for the three-vessel, unpainted resin ship set.

Also, for some reason, you seem to be ignoring my numerous e-mail inquiries about these too, which is why I am having to resort to inquiring about the order status here.

Sincerely,

R. Kent
I ordered the Beowulf, Gazelle, and Scout ship a year ago. I did receive the Beowulf, but not the Scout or Gazelle - despite Ken saying above that they would be shipping the last week of August.

I have requested a refund from Ken and d20 Entertainment. I shall post the results of my queries.
Old October 4th, 2015, 05:04 AM

Mako Citizen

Sounds like a good idea.

I'm willing to give him a little more time, since I really want the spaceships.

Thankfully, Paypal has changed their policy, and now offers protection to buyers for 180 days, so I have a little more cushion. If it wasn't for that change, I would have filed a complaint with them months ago.

However, if I don't receive the items shortly, then I'll need to file a Paypal dispute for a refund, and may have to consider other steps too depending upon how that goes, if needed.

For anyone else nearing the 180 day mark with Paypal, you probably need to consider filing a dispute soon.
Old October 4th, 2015, 04:39 PM
Citizen: SOC-5

zemjw Citizen

The only way I got a response from Ken was to raise a paypal dispute.

Sadly I was stupid enough to believe him when he said they had just arrived and were about to be shipped - this was at the end of May based on an order at the end of January. Needless to say, I have received nothing.

I too really wanted the ships. However, given that he's still trying to sell them, rather than actually sending them out I think we're in full-on con mode now. See http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Dis...d.php?p=510867 and http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Dis...d.php?p=505728 for more folk with the same problem. There's a link in one of those threads to a whole website devoted to his dodgy activities. The kickstarter thread is also full of people with the same complaint - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...pilot/comments

If you don't (and you won't) get your ship before you raise a dispute, he's going to tell you they've just arrived and he's ready to send them out. Whether or not you believe him is up to you. Either way you won't get your ships, but one way will get you your money back.

Yes, I am somewhat bitter
Old October 5th, 2015, 01:47 AM

madmike Citizen

In the same boat and will be raising a Paypal dispute this week.

I have tried to be positive but that vibe has been long used up.

Clement Sector Setting
Ships of Clement Sector Series
Clement Sector: The Rules (CE based)
Wendy's Fleet Guides (For CE)
Hub Federation Navy (Updated for CE)
Hub Federation Ground Forces (Updated for CE)
21 Vehicles
Anderson and Felix Guide to Naval Architecture 2e
Ship Books
A2L Far Trader
Type A Free Trader
Type S Scout/Courier
Polixenes Class Courier (CE)
Old October 5th, 2015, 05:12 AM

Mako Citizen

Sorry to hear that, Mike, and ZEMJW.

You might try contacting Paypal again, and explaining the situation to them, to see if they will re-open your case, since basically Ken made a written promise to you, via e-mail.

If you show that to them, they might reconsider it, since you're within the 180 day window still, from the time he made the promise to ship, after you relinquished your original dispute over the matter.

If that doesn't work, I guess the fallback for all of us is to contact the US Attorney's Office, and FBI, so they can open a wirefraud investigation against Ken, assuming that hasn't happened already. If it has, I suspect more bilked people will add to the pressure for them to move forward on a case.

Penalties for that are rather stiff, with a $1,000,000 fine, and up to 30 years in jail.

Given all the people he appears to be taking advantage of, I suspect we're talking tens of thousands of dollars, if not more people are being bilked out of.

I'll bet the mere mention of a Federal wirefraud investigation might get his attention.