Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old January 29th, 2015, 03:26 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit Matt123's Blog
Matt123 Citizen+Matt123 Citizen+
Default Bk2 crew rounding

I vaguely recall raising this a few years ago as potential errata and being shouted down as the interpretation was "obvious". It might be a Kiwi vs US interpretation thing.

In short I think this is about how you interpret "per n", whether you interpret it as "per whole n" (x/n).round_down or "per n or fraction thereof" (x/n).round_up. But I confess I'm not overly happy with the consequences of picking either interpretation.

Some examples (bk2, p16);
Quote:
Any ship with tonnage 200 tons or more must have one engineer (with minimum engineer-I skill) per 35 tons of drives and power plant.
Ship is 200tn and...
drives are 30 ton. 0 or 1 engineer?
drives are 70 ton, 1 or 2 engineers?

Quote:
Each starship of 200 tons or more must have a medic (medic-1 skill or better). In addition, there must be at least one medic per 120 passengers carried.
Ship is 200tn and...
is a Free Trader carrying 26 passengers (6 awake, 20 in low berths), 1 or 2 medics?
is a yacht carrying 8 passengers, 1 or 2 medics

Quote:
If high passengers are carried, then a steward is required. There must be at least one steward (steward skill-0 or better) per eight high passengers on the ship.
carry one high passenger, 1 Steward
carry fifteen high passengers, 1 or 2 Stewards?

What answers do you get?

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.